CHAPTER EIGHT.

" ikigai "(n

" ikigai "
(n.) a reason for being

) a reason for being

"Well, that was refreshing." Sans commented as he sat on Maia's bed again, deep, wine gaze following you around the room. You ignored him, opting to try finishing any assignments that were probably teetering at the edge of incomplete and sat down at your desk. "Wouldn't your parents find out about your little misadventure though? Surely they would be disappointed." He was grinning like a cat at this point, sharp teeth pulled back.

"I don't want you to follow me around." You snapped back. "The last thing I want is people assuming I've gone nuts talking to thin air after Maia..." you stopped. "And get off her bed!" It was true. While Sans was quiet, he still seemed to demand your attention, whether it was by asking you annoying questions or by commanding it.

Throughout your earlier detour with Morgan to the woods where the two of you skipped stones at the lake and sat in the shade where the sun still touched you, he did nothing but talk, never even bothering to drop his glamor to reveal himself. You tried not to answer him in fear of looking like a nutcase in front of your best friend and Sans seemed to have noticed and still went on with his chattering.

Now, he fell into his silence, smile slowly fading as you groggily scrawled on the paper. You were feeling like your vitality was being sucked out by your anger like a black hole. The augury sat next to you, and in a moment of anger, you pushed it off the desk and it flew over and landed on your bed. Sans rose from his seat and set it back on the table.

"I'd handle this with a little more care if I were you." he advised, standing beside you. You recoiled and stared at the book. The same book that started this mess.

"Take back your crazy hoodoo voodoo tome or whatever." You stated, looking away. Sans sighed.

"It's not mine, darling." He corrected, voice like honey. "Auguries don't summon demons, that's the task set for grimoires. I have my own, settled far, far away from here. How you summoned me using this is beyond me."