Get-along tasks

We did it, boys. Here is another fic for y'all. This one has been requested by @durchsinachhall . 

This is gonna have some platonic Veteran and Captain involved. I never really realized how much i loved these two together until I started writing about them. 

It isn't as long as my normal doing, but I hope you'll still enjoy it. 

Word count: 3194

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player had about enough of it. He just wanted to have some quality time with his friends, but they were always on each other's throats. Always bickering about who was Player's best friend. They would be constantly arguing and Player had nothing to say about it. Every time he had tried to intervene, they would ignore him and keep on arguing.

Player and Veteran were best friends. Though they had needed some time to built that up, but after they started to really hang out together, Captain had unexpectedly joined their party, claiming to be Player's best friend. Veteran had been furious, but over all he had been upset.

Veteran never had many friends and had been really happy when he met Player, even if he didn't show it at first. He had been really close to Player ever since and had cherished their friendship. It was no surprise he would be angry and upset if some white smug guy went to claim his best friend.

Captain had been so sure that Player was his best friend that he kept bringing up the subject, which led into Veteran starting the argument. Captain didn't know, but Player had indeed chosen Veteran as his best friend. However, Player didn't have the heart to tell Captain. Captain had opened up to Player many times about how he didn't have many friends and how special Player had seemed to him.

Player had indirectly tried to get Captain away from him and Veteran by telling him to go and see other people, who would be very glad to be his friend. But it hadn't helped the way Player had intended for it to go. In fact, it seemed to get Captain even closer to the two.

Every day, he would stay with the two and act like he was part of their group friend, even though he barely paid any attention to Veteran. Every day it would become harder for Player to tell Captain that Veteran was his best friend.

After weeks of constant arguing and bickering, Player had enough of it. If he couldn't choose, he would have to choose both of them.

"ENOUGH!!" Player called, catching the attention of the two other men who were having a heavy argument like they would have every day. "I've had enough of this! I can't decide between the two of you, so I leave us no choice but to just get along."

Player could see the frown on Veteran's forehead deepen. The yellow cladded man pushed Captain aside and stepped towards Player. "You can't be serious! It was always the two of us, why suddenly does he get to be your friend!" Veteran spat, gesturing to the taller male standing with his arms crossed.

"Because I have enough of you two constantly fighting with each other! I just want us to get along, is that too much to ask?" Player half-yelled. His tone at the end of the sentence took a saddened turn and both Veteran and Captain noticed as their expressions softened "It's always you two arguing who is my best friend and I never get to say anything! I just. . . want us to get along."

Player finished and dropped his shoulders, frowning down at the ground. He could feel Veteran's eyes on him and heard some footsteps approaching. He looked up to see Captain

"I never thought you felt like that, Player. I'm sorry." Captain said sympathetically, which Veteran responded by huffing and rolling with his eyes.