Chapter One

I was always told that most dreams don't become realities, but I guess I was just lucky. 

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." 

I've always spent my life dreaming, but today I think is the day I wake up. I finally made my dreams a reality...

At least, that's what I thought. 

They always say to set a goal that makes you want to wake up in the morning, but I'm unsure if I do want to wake up?

...

I had eventually finished cleaning. 

I knew that it wasn't the greatest, but it would do. The books gleamed with light when I opened the curtains. I had finally saved up enough money to open up a small bookshop in the middle of Birmingham. I wasn't really used to the U.K yet, I had just moved there about a year ago. I had originally lived in London because I thought that it would be romantic, but oh, was I wrong. I then decided to move somewhere near Birmingham and open a small bookshop there.

I had to work two jobs and get a loan from the bank to get enough money for my bookshop. I had nearly moved back home, but that would require even more money. 

I strolled outside of my bookshop, I admired it in the warm light. It felt weird sort of, I just could think of a word that could describe what I was feeling. It might have been pride? Or maybe a bit of impulsiveness? I was unsure if my bookshop was ready to open today, I was hesitant if it was ready to open at all. I had met all of the requirements to be able to operate my own business, I had gotten a permit and made sure that the shop was up to code with the city. 

It was time. I was going to change the sign from 'Closed,' to 'Open.' 

I flipped the sign over and turned around to look at my shop once again. I hesitated but decided it was time to go inside and turn on the remainder of the lights. I knew that I wasn't going to get customers immediately, but I, unfortunately, was impatient. 

...

It had begun to get dark now, I hadn't checked the time yet, but I knew it was late. I slowly packed up my things from behind the counter of the cash register, I had only brought my phone, laptop, and backpack. I shoved my laptop in my backpack and my phone in my hands. I would check the time if I could. I had forgotten to bring my charger, and my phone had died. I had two options now, I could either try to walk home, find someone and ask them if I could borrow their phone so that I could call an Uber, or I could stay the night in the bookshop and I definitely wasn't doing that. 

I put my backpack on one of my shoulders and turned off the lights to my bookshop. I grabbed my keys and locked up the shop. I had decided to find someone to call me a Uber. The bad thing was that Everyone must have been sleeping because I couldn't find anybody.  I found the nearest bus station and got on the bus. I was surprised that there were people on the bus, even though I didn't know what to expect because I had never ridden on a bus before. 

I had sat down next to a brunet man, he had curly hair and round glasses. Then I had realised something, I didn't know where this bus was going. Great job M/N, what am I supposed to do now? I didn't want to be a bother to the man next to me, but I had no other choice. 

"Excuse me? I hope I'm not bothering you, but do you know where this bus is going?"  The man looked up from his phone and looked at me questioningly. "I think the next stop is at Harborne. Do you live near there?" I shook my head and explained how I live near Lozells and that I needed to find a way home. "Oh, my names M/N by the way." "I'm Wilbur, nice to meet you M/N." 

...

I had gotten off the bus with Wilbur. I know that I shouldn't have because I don't know him, but he offered to drive me home. I was currently walking down the street towards where Wilbur said that his car was. Once we got there, I got in the front seat and tucked my backpack underneath my legs. Wilbur started the car and started driving. 

"What do you do for a living?" "I recently opened a bookshop, I haven't gotten any customers  yet though." Wilbur and I made small talk for a while, I told him about how I had moved to the U.K about a year ago and how I had dreamed of opening a bookshop. I was surprised to hear this, but Wilbur said that he was a YouTuber and a musician. I told him that I would check out his channel sometime and listen to his music if I happen to find any songs of his. 

Eventually, he parked in front of my house after I directed him to it. I grabbed my backpack and opened the door, but not before he gave me his phone number and said to call if I needed anything. "Thanks for driving me home, I don't know what I would have done without you." "No problem, can I stop by your shop sometime if you don't mind?" "Sure, It'll be open tomorrow." I waved Wilbur goodbye and headed up the stair to my front door, I watched as Wilbur drove off. 

I grabbed my keys out of my pocket and unlocked my door. I was finally home, I immediately took off my shoes and hurried to my bed. I was exhausted after all that had happened today.         I fell asleep shortly after. 

...

Hello!

 The author here, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

You've only met Wilbur so far...

I have no clue who you might meet next, so you can suggest people if you'd like.

I don't live in the U.K, so I used google earth for all of the locations that I named.

Sorry if I got anything wrong!!!

Bye :D

{Words: 1074}