Breakfast In Bed

"Hidee Hidee hoo, best friends to the end," the Good Guy doll commercial was playing as me and Andy decided to make breakfast in bed for Mommy. Andy put toast in the toaster, I poured a glass of orange juice.

"Hi I'm Oscar and I'm your friend to the end, Hidee hoo, haha!"

I looked up at Andy who was distracted by the commercial on TV, I looked over to the toaster which had smoke coming out of it.

"The toast Andy, the toast!"

He ran over and got the toast out, it was burnt black. He then put a huge spoonful of butter on top of the toast.

"Andy, that's waaay too much butter, here let me help."

I put some of the butter back in the tub, I used the spoon and spread butter on both.

"There, that's better."

I poured a bowl of Good Guy cereal, put it on the tray, Andy held the tray as I followed him to Mommy's room.

"Mommy, Mommy wake up," Andy said.

The orange juice on the tray was being unintentionally sloshed into the floor, leaving a trail as we went into Mommy's room.

"Mommy wake up," we said.

I opened the curtain, sunlight shining in Mommy's face.

"Andy, Dany, it's six thirty in the morning."

"But it's a beautiful day outside," Andy said.

Mommy sat up smiling.

"It sure is honey."

Andy picked up the tray.

"Me and Dany made you breakfast in bed."

"Oh...that's very nice of you two, it looks delicious...I'll eat it later ok. But first, birthday boy, how about some birthday tickles."

Andy put the tray back, jumped on the bed, and Mommy started tickling him.

We went into the living room, Andy opened the first present of the day, it was another Good Guy thing but not a doll.

"Thank you Mommy, but no Good Guy doll."

"I know sweetie, but, you got your friends at daycare to wish you a happy birthday, give you gifts if they want. It'll be Dany's first day at daycare, it'll be fun."

"...Yeah, I guess so."