Meeting

I ran inside because I only had about thirty seconds left until I was getting fired for not being on time. I was sweating from every hole, I was so stressed. I was not going to lose this job. After running for like two minutes through the ginormous halls. I swear I got out like two or three times. When I saw the meeting door at the end go the hall I decided to take a sprint just to be sure.

Suddenly It felt like there was a big wall that ran up against, had there been a wall that I just hadn't seen? I fell backwards really quickly, I was mentally preparing for the impact, but it never came. My eyes opened to see this god stand before me. He was tall, very tall and very muscular. His eyes were like a blue ocean and his hair was black like a crow. How could someone be so beautiful but also so bad at the same time? He didn't have a nice vibe hanging around him. After staring at this baby daddy for twenty minutes I noticed he was still holding me in the air. I don't ever know what a baby daddy means, but the people in movies say it about boy who look like him.

"I am so so so sorry, I was in a hurry" I stuttered, hoping he wouldn't kill me like the big buff men in the horror movies who just turn out to be the bad guy. He looks just like them.

"No, it's fine" the mystery man said with his deep raspy voice. Oh my goodies, I was shrieking internally. How could a man be this good looking but also so scary? He titled me back up and then it hit me.

"I HAVE TO BE IN A MEETING" I yelled at him, I pushed him over when I ran towards the meeting door at the end of the hall. Whilst looking over my should I could see other people helping him up. I am so sorry baby daddy. He must hate me.

-----------------------------------

When I entered the room I could feel all the officers looking at me, I was late after all. Stupid Finley, what were you thinking. "Finley sit down, we'll talk after this:" Mr.Davis inquired. I gulped because I knew what was about to happen. When standing in front of the room I was looking for Pete. I found him and made my way to the second bench on the left. "I talked to him Fin, I tried my best" he whispered as softly as he could so no one could hear him. Happiness and confidence filled my body, this is the day I had been waiting for. Everything was going to be ok after all.

"Let's start with the assigned cases of the week" Mr.Davis announced.

He started telling people what their cases were and what was important and all the stupid stuff that nobody listens to anyway. "Peter Smith and Hannah Davis will be working on the John Doe case" We call people who we can't identify 'John Doe'. He was the big nipple man, I was happy to never see him again. Mr.Davis had assigned everyone a case, I was just waiting for mine. I looked at Peter with a smile knowing that I was going to get a good case that I could invest my life to.

"Those were the cases for today, now for the announcements"

I was shocked, I think everyone thought I was high or something because my eyes were acting weird as heaven. I looked at Pete and I felt the tears forming in my eyes. He held my hand and formed "I am so sorry Fin, I did my best". I know he did, god isn't with me I guess. I wiped away the tears and focused on the chief. One day, one day I'll be the best detective on this earth.

"We have a new recruit working on a case, he'll be working at this office. I expect full professionalism and kindness towards him. Please welcome, Noah Williams."

I looked at the door, waiting for someone to come through. Oh my goodies, not him.

It was the man in the hall, the tall very muscular man. The baby daddy. I've never felt so ashamed, I just pushed him over and now he's working here at this department. You have to be kidding me. I really have to look up what a baby daddy means. This is the man that hates me, I pushed him. What were you thinking Finley!?

"Hello everyone, I'm Noah Williams and I'm working on the case of Sarah Russo. One of you will be joining me." The handsome man standing before me said.

A hand was risen. "Are we reopening her case?" The officer said.

"Yes, yes we are" Gasps filled the room, the Sarah Russo case was one of the biggest cases of the year. Nobody found something, so they closed it. I can't imagine what her family must be going through, not knowing what happened to her. I felt sad because I would do anything to help with this case, I'm probably going to be washing the toilets again this week.

"Detective Marks, you'll be helping officer Williams with this case" I could hear his scream of happiness. "Thank you chief, thank you for this opportunity" he exclaimed. Is it bad to say that I'm jealous? Yes, that's bad Finley. You're happy for him, this will be a huge mile stone in his career. I chose to hide my sadness with a smile once again, fake it till you make it they say.

I saw Noah walk up to the chief and whispering something in his ear, Mr.David's  face turend weird. It was like he'd just made the biggest mistake of his life. "I'm sorry detective Marks, it seems I've made a mistake. You will not be the one working on this case." He blurted out. I felt awful for Marks, this was his big breakthrough. He rushed out of the room, crying I think. I followed him to make sure he was ok, I don't think anyone could understand what he was going through. My feet took me towards the door he left through.

"Finley Kennedy"

I stood still, not daring to move. What did he just say? My name? Or do I have a double ganger somewhere in this room? "Finley?" the mystery man said with his raspy voice. He meant me. Oh my goodies, Fin turn around. So I turned around, tripped and rolled all the way down in between the benches. I laid there for thirty seconds, but it felt like forever. My face planted into the ground.  A steady grip took my arm into his hands and helped my up, it was the baby daddy. We had eye contact, my eyes were watery because of everything I'd just heard. A hot tear fell down my cheek onto the floor. Everyone was silent, I could feel everyone stare. I didn't care.