Special Chapter

Note:
Long chapter ahead.

A sigh leaves my lips as I stare at my reflection in the mirror

A sigh leaves my lips as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. Even though I'm quite satisfied with how I dress tonight for the party -- this off the shoulder maroon dress that I'm wearing is gorgeous -- I can't help but feel a little bit restless.

A college reunion is something that I'll never get used to, and no, I'm not talking about my college friends -- I'm talking about Jake's. I know that Jake is close to his football teammates, and they are nice -- I've known them so well these past few years.

But every time we meet up, I hate the number of girls swarm around the guys.

I've been to a couple of his college reunions before, and the way those girls stared at me always made me feel weird, like their stare was filled with...envy?

I don't know. Maybe most of them are still wondering how the hell I managed to tame Jake, who used to be a player back then.

I should have expected something like this when Jake told me that we were going to Vegas for Austin's farewell party.

Yes, we're in Vegas now.

Austin is one of Jake's best friends -- they played football in college. The guy will be leaving for London soon for his new job, so he has invited the whole gang for a celebration in his suite at one of the biggest hotels in Vegas this weekend, tonight.

"You're so beautiful." Jake startles me as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind, placing a kiss on my cheek.

He looks dashing in his black leather jacket, his dark blue eyes piercing as he looks at me in the mirror. The look of hunger on his face makes me want to embrace him and run my fingers to his now perfectly slicked back styled blonde hair.

Oh, Jesus. What am I thinking?

I sigh, my hands on his as he begins kissing my neck tenderly, still hugging me from behind. My eyes fall on the diamond ring on my finger, which reminds me that even though we might have come from totally different worlds, I am his and he is mine now.

We're engaged, and those girls can't make me think any less.

"What's bothering your mind?" Jake whispers in my ear, his lips so close to my butterfly earring. I've never taken it off since Jake found the other pair.

These earrings have witnessed so many things between us, reminding me that we'd gone through so much before we were finally together.

I smile, shaking my head. "Nothing. It's just... I wish that I knew the girls. I used to have a great time with the girlfriends, you know. But--" my sentence stops.

None of them lasted, because they broke up with the guys.

Jake's friends seem to not fancy being in a long term committed relationship yet. Jake and Vaughn are the only exceptions.