Part one

I rushed through my homework, the little there was of it, trying to keep my mind off of him. The rest of the day had been a blur, I never did like starting at new schools. But his face stayed clear in my mind. A single tear fell down my face, how could someone so beautiful be so ugly on the inside? Pfft, I've never sounded so cliche in my life. I wiped the tear away when I heard my mum coming in.

"Hi honey, how....how was your first day at school?"

I was hesitant to reply "It was fine" I refused to look up from my desk. She then sighed slowly.

"My little boy's all grown up"

"Mum...." I still didn't look up

"Sorry, sorry, goodnight Phil. Sleep well."

It was only 6ish.

"Shut up." I mumbled, half hoping she wouldn't hear me.

I hadn't looked at her in days, but how could I forgive her? I would never forgive her. Ever. She'd just taken it too far this time. But I guess, at least she was showing an interest in me.

***************

I poked my food around my plate, this day had been just as bad.

There was a slight clatter of a tray opposite me and a perky voice spoke out;

"Do you do sports?"

"What? I scowled up from my lunch to see a blonde boy smothered with freckles.

"Are you in a sports club or something?"

I frowned, slightly confused

"no...."

"It's just, your wrist bands"

I looked down at my arms, with the thick Nike bands on each wrist. I'd completely forgotten they were there, they had become extensions to my arms. He was looking at me quizzically, and then stood up and walked away.

"Rude. When someone finally takes an interest you scare them away" I muttered to myself staring back down at the table.

"Oi, fag, what'd you think you're doing sitting at our table?" My head back shot up again. A group of about nine boys stood over me, with two at the front. I recognised one of them as the boy who I met in the toilets yesterday; Dan. I wasn't surprised to see him there, he treated me similarly to this then.

"What?"

"You heard me, get up!" I shot out of my seat like it was red hot and walked out as fast as I could, leaving my tray of food behind. I turned the corner to the exit rapidly, too rapidly. I fell, colliding with a girl and her dinner tray, falling right back onto the floor. I could hear wolf whistles coming from Dan's table. I stood up almost as quickly as I had before, "I'm so sorry I..I" I stuttered helping the girl up to her feet

"It's fine, it's fine really! Lets just get out of here before a teacher sees the mess we've made" she ran out and I followed, the eyes of everyone in the dining room burning the back of my neck. Who ever said first days were the worst, obviously had never made it through to their second.