Red and Green

A couple of weeks had gone by and things had remained quiet. The trio were safely back in the US, though the existence of quirks was still on the hush. Liam was preparing to go to Germany and Eijiro only stopped by Aki's place to water the plants.
Izuku had somewhat self-grounded himself, giving his mom some overdue attention and minding the chores. He had made friends with a little boy that lived nearby but hadn't had any visitors.. not that he expected any.
  Ping
Mina and Hanta were going to combine their birthdays since they were just a couple days apart. Hah.. I really shouldn't.
The night came and he wrestled with himself back and forth. All the way up til he stood outside of a karaoke joint. They were there for mine but that was probably more because it was Kacch-Katsuki's place.. I should stay out of his space.. especially if Eijiro is there..
"Not going in?" A voice neither warm nor cold broke through concentration.
"Shoto.."
"Do you.. want to get a couple of drinks instead?"

They sat in a quiet bar. Where do we even start.. I don't want to recall that mess.. nor any mess before it.. Izuku cringed.
  "How have you been?" Shoto asked flatly.
  "O-oh, um, fine.." Izuku took a swig of his drink. "Thank you for your help.. y-you didn't get hurt, did you?"
  Shoto shifted in his seat. 'Hurt' seemed so subjective all of a sudden. "Hmm. How long are you staying for?"
  Ah.. I guess I'm hurting him just being here. "I don't currently have a plan.. but I should probably leave soon, right?"
  Shoto stared down at his drink, "I was so scared that I wouldn't find you in time."
  Izuku gulped and looked away. I really don't want to talk about-
  "I thought it would be enough if I could just get you out of there, to safety.. and then.."
  "..."
  "I wish.. I knew what was on your mind.. let alone your heart." Shoto chased the rest of his drink down and signaled for another.
  Is he.. creating an opening..? Do I take it? Izuku didn't mean to just stare at him, but he was afraid to make a wrong move.
  Their phones pinged simultaneously. The birthday group was going to move on to a club down the street.
  Izuku found his voice, deciding on something. "Would you like.. to go together?"
  Shoto studied him briefly before pushing back his seat. He finished off his drink while Izuku set his down, half finished.

  Izuku was glad to see friendly faces and to do right by them. They didn't spend too long inquiring about past events and his well-being before getting lost in the music. He caught one pair of eyes and nodded before turning around.
  "Izuku.." Shoto began to ask but watched Eijiro follow out behind. Ah.. He sat down awkwardly and was joined by Katsuki. Questions upon questions flooded their minds, but the music drowned them all out. "You two look like you've recovered well.."
  Katsuki looked past him to the club entrance, still clear of red and green. "Sure, something like that."

  "You look well, I'm glad." Izuku noted once Eijiro joined him.
  "Things are.. going alright."
  "I'm glad for that too.." Izuku trailed off, though he meant it.
  They both sort of shuffled their feet.
  "Have you decided what you wanted?" Eijiro asked carefully though high on alert.
  "I want.. everyone to be happy.."
  "Does that.. include you?"
  Izuku looked at him seriously before offering a closed eye smile. It was a smile hard to hold. "I don't know if my 'happy' is the same and his.." he admitted in a low voice.
  Eijiro, who has a new appreciation and sense of protection over Shoto.. couldn't help but feel relieved. Hah.. "You two just need to talk and be honest. It's not easy, I know.. but things get better.. little by little."
  "Thank you, Eijiro."
  "There's nothing to thank.. actually, I should thank you for coming to talk to me that day. It helped.."
  Helped?
  "I can see you're trying to figure out how, but between the wall Kats and I had before you came back, and your apology.. and you still could've chosen him, yet you gave us space.." Eijiro broke through the double meanings up til now, making it clear what he knows and feels, "I guess I have to thank you for bringing down that wall."
  Izuku gulped, feeling the warmness of the earlier drinks starting to hit. "Good.." Was all he could say as he eyed the convenience store behind him.
  "You look like you could use a water.. will you be alright here? I'll get it for you.." Eijiro helped him sit on a bench and rushed in.

  Izuku sat, trying to catch his breath. His throat felt dry. I took pain meds earlier.. I didn't think I'd be drinking tonight. A cool breeze passed through, helping him to calm down. As expected, Eijiro's too good. I hope Katsuki treats him well. Hah.. This is what I wanted.. but it still stings.
  Eijiro came back quickly with a tall water bottle. "Are you feeling better at all?"
  "I am, thank you. Could you do me a favor though.. could you apologize to Shoto for me for leaving now? I only just bumped into him earlier.. and I don't think.. I don't think I'm ready to-" Izuku followed Eijiro's eyes to up behind him. Ah.
  "Can I.. help you home?"
  How much did he hear? "Um.. sure."
  Eijiro gave Izuku a wide handed pat on his shoulder. "Good luck." He whispered before leaving him to Shoto.
  Izuku watched as he met Katsuki at the door before going back in. Their eyes met briefly, but he seemed to be eyeing Shoto. His expression is..
  "Shall we go?"
  "Oh, um, mind if I just sit here a while longer?"
Izuku took to drinking the water. Stupid pain meds.. why am I even still taking them.. ugh.. this stomachache.

***