Hearthbeat

A few weeks had passed. Asya and Lori are getting comfortable in the new school environment. They had made a bunch of new friends under a week and were very happy about that.

It's Thursday. The literature teacher had prepared a test.

"Put everything from your desks away. A blue inked pen and your knowledge are the only things you're going to need for this test." Miss Stancheva says and starts handing out the worksheets.

"Shit, I haven't studied...do you know anything??" Lori asks, breathing heavily and looking around the classroom, trying to find somebody with confidence in their eyes. She'd be calmer if she knew that she wasn't the only one who hadn't prepared for this test. Sadly, she couldn't find that person. All of her classmates looked chill and ready. She felt a small drop of cold sweat running down her forhead, gently brushing over her cheek and getting all the way down to her chin.

"Fuck" she thinks "I'm so gonna fail this..."

"Don't worry" Asya says "I've studied, I'll help you if needed.

"You have?" a deep sarcastic voice coming from the front of the girls' desk says. Lori's eyes widen. It's that same guy from yesterday, still in the same black hoodie. He's sitting right in front of them, slightly turned around so he could talk to Asya about the test.

"Yes, I have. Haven't you?" she says.
"No. Could you help me as well?" he asks.
"Sure, if I have time." Asya answers.
"I'm Georgi, nice to meet you."
"Asya" she replies.

Georgi turns to Lori. He scanns her body up and down with a spark in his eyes. A flirty smirk forms in the corner of his mouth.

"And you are?" he says, smiling at her playfully.
"L-Lori."  she answers. Her cheeks and nose heat up. There's so much going through her head. Why is she blushing? She doesn't even find him that attractive in the first place. She had been flirted with before, so why is she acting like a 9 year old playing spin the bottle at a summer camp? Why the actual fuck did words as simple these make her blush and stutter like a child? Is it because they were coming from HIS mouth? She's probably just nervous because of the test. That's all. Nothing more.

"Hello? You kids over there, stop talking and do your work, otherwise I'll have to fail you." miss Stancheva scolds the three of them.

Georgi turns around a few more times so Asya could tell him some of the answers. The cheating is successful.

When she gets home, Lori throws her backpack in the corner of the room and rushes to call her best friend Krista.

"Hey, whats up?" she asks.
"Ugh, I had the worst test ever. Luckily, Asya helped me with some of the things, so hopefully I won't fail it." Lori says.
"That sucks. Well, now onto the interesting part. Are there any hot guys in your class?" Krista asks with joy in her voice.

Lori didn't answer that. That's her best friend, no question. She could tell her absolu everything without feeling uncomfortable. Krista would never judge her. But Lori still couldn't find the right words.

"...you there?" Krista asks.
"Yeah, I'm here..." Lori answers.
"Is everything okay?" she asks.
"Well, yes. I-I mean...well there is this guy-" Lori starts
"OH MY GOD! SO YOU LIKE HIM??" Krista shouts.
"WHAT, NO I DON'T, SHUT UP." Lori says with an annoyed tone, as if Krista has said something absolutely impossible. Although it wasn't so impossible.

"LORETA! DINNER'S READY" Lori's mom shouts from across the hallway.
"Shit, gotta go. Talk to you later" she says.
"WAIT! DON'T HANG UP, I WANNA KNOW MOR-" Krista is cut off by Lori pressing the red button on the screen.

Lori decides not to call Krista that night. She doesn't usually do this, but this time, something inside her is telling her not to. Instead, she starts stalking Georgi's instagram profile. She finds out a lot about him. Apparently, he plays football. He has a stable group of friends with which he hangs out on the regular. While scrolling at his old photos, she accidentally likes a post from 2018.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD" she screams, throwing her phone on the bed and covering her face with the palms of her hands. She feels so embarassed, she can't even think straight.

"Loreta shut the fuck up, I'm on a call." Lori's brother says, standing at the door frame. He then walks out and slams her door.

To distract herself from the recent embarassing event, Lori decides to watch some anime. What's better than watching anime and eating popcorn on a cool night.

*Ding*

Lori picks her phone from the bed and looks at the notification.

* [ lstefanovva ] @gopeto_znamenoseca started following you. *

Her eyes widen in shock. He probably saw that she liked his post. She's hoping that he isn't smart enough to come to the conclusion that she was stalking him a few hours ago. She quickly follows him back and thinks nothing of it. It's just a follow on instagram, it doesn't mean anything. She follows around 1000 people, so it doesn't really matter. She puts her phone away and continues watching her anime.

*Ding*

Lori's heart skips a beat. Is it him? She grabs her phone only to see a notification, which leaves her speechless.