Prolouge

Key:
Bold italics: authors note
Italics: Kenma's thoughts
Underlined italics: phone calls

Candy - Robbie Williams

01:52 ━━━●───── 03:08
⇆ㅤㅤ ◁ㅤ ❚❚ㅤ ▷ㅤ ㅤ↻
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

'This song kinda reminds me of Shoyo.' I thought while riding the bus to school with Kuroo.

'Should I do an introduction to the readers? (Kenma... The wall...) Who cares? Anyway, my name is Kozume Kenma and I'm a second year at Nekoma High. I play in the volleyball team with Kuroo, um and I like games. That was too blunt wasn't it? Sorry... Anyway, my mom is currently unemployed, so she's searching for a job that is still in Japan, for her own sake because she hates travelling. Oh we stopped.' The bus stopped at the station near Nekoma and me and Kuroo got off the bus and started walking so we could get to morning volleyball practice.

"You've been awfully quiet this morning." Kuroo said, finally saying his first line.

"Sorry I was giving an introduction to the readers." (Kenma!)

"What?"

"Never mind." Once we got to Nekoma we changed into our practice clothes and had our morning practice.

(Time skip brought to you by Honey-senpai eating cake again)

In the middle of lunch I got a text from my mom. I sighed.

'What now?' I opened the message notification and read it.

To: Ken-Ken
From: Mom
Ken-Ken! I found a job interview! And it's still in Tokyo!

To: Mom
From: Kenma
I told you to stop calling me that. And that's good I guess. I will still be able to go to Nekoma right?

To: Ken-Ken
From: Mom
I'm sorry sweets but you'll have to transfer.. It's too far away from Nerima Ward, but don't worry about schooling! I'll have that covered ;)

'She can't be serious.' I thought staring at the message in disbelief.
'She already found me a school when she hasn't even had the interview yet?!'

"Kyanma!" Kuroo said snapping me of my thoughts of my irresponsible mother.

"What." I said looking up to him.

"Who ya talking to?"

"My stupid mother." I said bluntly.

"Did she find a job?" He said ignoring the fact I called my mom stupid.

"Yeah, she wants me to leave Nekoma though."

"WHAT!?!" Kuroo yelled, gaining the attention of almost everyone.

"Calm down will you?" I say hushing him.

"She said she found a job in Tokyo but it's too far from Nekoma for me to continue to go to school here and blah blah blah." I said quite annoyed with my mother.
"I'm done talking about it, I'm leaving to go to class, see you later Kuro." I said getting up and walking to my class I always try and arrive early so I don't get the extra attention if I arrive late.