Time (1)

"Time is the only thing that, when lost, cannot be regained

"Time is the only thing that, when lost, cannot be regained."

I've lost many things in life. People I care deeply about: friends, family members, and colleagues. Pets. Jobs. Opportunities. Competitions. Relationships. Hopes. Each loss causes a different level of sadness, disappointment, anger, and even hopelessness. Every time something is lost, I found myself question the value of it: why losing it made me deeply disturbed.

Naturally, I tried to regain the things that I've lost. Reach out to new people. Get a new puppy. Apply for new jobs. Try new opportunity. Join another competition. Move on to new relationships. Build new hope. Strangely, I noticed that these things that I've lost can always be regained, except for one thing: TIME.

I can recreate the same experience with the new replacements. But the moments would never be the same. TIME changed it. And no matter how hard I try, I would never be able to turn back the time to experience those moments again. Once the moments are gone, they're gone. Time never goes backward - it always goes forward. And we all are given a specific time limit to experience this life. 

Make the best of one's time.