2.4 Abomination

KAELIN'S P.O.V.

"They're coming back so we don't have much time." Deaton informed the two of us. He put rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad before handing it over to me.

"What is that?" Scott asked curiously.

"Rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected, do you?" Deaton said.

Scott shook his head and I started to press it on his wound. "You will heal the same just not as quickly as Derek." Deaton said. Scott winced back in pain as I continued to dab the rubbing alcohol on his wound. It needed to be treated so it wouldn't get infected.

"How do you know all of this?" I asked curiously.

"How do you know anything?" Scott added.

"It's a longer story. What I can tell you is that Scott's kind." Deaton nodded at Scott. "Your kind? I can help." Deaton looked over at the examination table which contained a dead body that was covered in scars. "This. This is something different."

"How different?" I asked, "Do you know what did this?"

"No, but the Argents will." Deaton said, "And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or a book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, all of those things that they've discovered."

"So like the Grimm diaries?" I ask.

Deaton nodded. "Exactly like the Grimm diaries."

Scott looked at the two of us confused. "In the tv show Grimm. Every Grimm or hunter per se wrote down every creature they came across and how to fight it and kill it." Scott looked at me weirdly.

"I'm seriously worried about the things you watch." Scott said.

"Scott, you're lucky that she watches those or you'd be dead right now." Deaton replied, "If she had taken you to anyone else but me, you'd be dead right now."

"What things are out there, Deaton?" I ask and Scott looked at me confused. "You said that the Argents have a book, a documentary of the things out there, but what else is out there?"

Deaton was about to say something else before we heard the screech of tires and a door slammed. "Watch out for him." Deaton whispered to me and I nodded. Deaton shoved the two of us into the closet, closing the door, and I stood in front of Scott making sure that no one would get to him and making sure that he wouldn't get out.

"I'm starting to think that I need to buy a more prominent 'closed' sign." Deaton remarked as we heard the hunters step into the examination room.

"Hello, Alan. It's been a while. The last I heard, you retired for your daughter." Gerard commented. Gerard was here. Of course he was, he was the leader. Allison's father must be here too. Deaton had a daughter?

"Last I heard you followed a code of conduct." Deaton retorted, clearly annoyed with the interruption.

"If you hadn't noticed this body is one of ours." Argent snapped.

"I did. I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his finger tips. So don't assume I will be swayed by your philosophy just because I'll answer a few questions." Deaton said.

"He was only 24." Argent informed him.

"Killers come in all ages." Deaton stated calmly.

"All ages, sizes, shapes. It's the last one that concerns us." Gerard said.

"How about you tell us what you found?" Argent asked.

"See this cut?" Deaton pointed out. Scott and I moved over as we peeked through a small crack in the door. Deaton moved the man's head to the side showing us all the cut. "Precise. Almost surgical. This isn't the wound that killed him. This had a more interesting purpose."