2.8 Raving

"What's he doing here?" Scott frowning as Derek entered the animal clinic. Isaac walked in after him trying to look cool, but failed drastically since none of us really cared that he was a werewolf.

Scott and I had invited Derek to the animal clinic to hatch a plan. Deaton could be trusted, he did a lot to help Scott after he was gravely injured by Derek at the ice rink. Deaton knew much more about this then any of us did and I was grateful that he was here to help.

"Calm down, Scott." I urge, "He's my friend."

"I don't trust him." Scott retorts.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac snapped back and I glared at him. Isaac looked in between the two of us, waving at the space in between Scott and I. "Shouldn't you two... not be together?"

"I told Jackson I'm at Lydia's." I shrugged, "He's too afraid to ask her."

"You know what?" Derek snaps, "Derek doesn't really care." Derek looked over at me. I had told him that Deaton was going to help us deal with the kanima. "Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?"

"That depends." Deaton spoke, entering the room, "Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

"Kill him." Derek stated immediately while Scott and I said, "Save him." I glared over at Derek, narrowing my eyes at him. "Save him. We're saving him." I informed Deaton, turning to look at him.

We walked into the examination room as soon as we reached an agreement... we will not be killing Jackson. Deaton had a long variety of jars on the examination table that we all looked at curiously. Isaac was the only one who nearly touched one.

"Watch what you touch." Deaton reprimands. Deaton looked through the jars and we all watched him cautiously. Deaton knew what he was doing, but we did not.

"So what are you? Some kind of witch?" Isaac asks, leaning against the examination table.

"No, I'm a veterinarian." Deaton replied, "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be effective defense to a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions." Derek said.

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac suggests and I shook my head.

"We already tried. I nearly took its head off and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up." Derek sighed. He thought that he had the upper hand being the Alpha, but he was wrong, the kanima was stronger and faster than him.

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asks, trying to get all the information on the kanima he could.

"Well, one. It can't swim." Derek said.

"Does that go for Jackson as well?" Deaton asks.

"No. He's captain of the swim team." I shook my head.

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." Deaton stated. He brought out a coin as he held it up for us all to see as he demonstrated his thoughts. "A puppet." Deaton pointed to one side before flipping it to another. "And a puppeteer." He placed the coin back down on the table before he sighed, looking back at us. "One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"

I nodded solemnly. "Jackson couldn't do it. His mother had died pregnant too and he couldn't wish that on anyone else."

"How do you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac asks, "The kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the mother then the baby dies too."

"Does that mean that your father was a murderer?" I ask softly.

"Wouldn't surprise me if he was." Isaac shrugged calmly.