Is the Earth Dying? (Sneak peek)

Chapter 1: Is Earth Dying? (Sneak peek)

Tmp, tmp, tmp. The sound of a business man running echoed a busy hall. The man had his black hair slicked back matching his coal black suit and glasses, he carried a packet of paper now running into a newscast room. "Sorry I'm late." He spoke panting, he adjusted his glasses and wiped off his suit as he sat behind a news anchor desk. A person behind a camera counted down to three and the camera began rolling.
"Good afternoon everyone. Today marks the fifth week into summer, yet the harsh blizzard in the Americas, harsh heat waves in Europe, and both in parts of Asia. This has been killing crops and live stock around the world.-"
A sigh escapes the lips of a messy blond haired man with bushy eyebrows and green emerald eyes. This man wasn't just any man but Great Britain its self or as I should say his self. He turned off his television and got off his chair walking to the kitchen near by washing his empty tea cup. He made his way to a desk at the corner of his living room. Turning on the desk light he adjusted papers that sat on it and began finishing up his last pages of work. Next week was a world meeting and everyone seemed to be in a horrible mood, well besides the younger one of those macaroni brothers. Oh he surely doesn't look forward to next weeks meeting.