Chapter 5

Maria's POV

Luce's grip around me tightened as the room shook uncontrollably. Seems like the big guy up there doesn't like there plans.

Hell on earth. Who would like those plans?

But, this world could be hell to another planet.

No one actually knows what hell is like. You have to die to experience something like that, right? But then it hits me.

"Do you remember this feeling?" I remember Luce asking.

"I'm sorry, princess. I got a little carried away." His words, ran through my head.

Luce wasn't trying to hurt me that day. He was trying to give me a taste of hell. But I had to experience death first. That's why I couldn't breathe. He wasn't trying to kill me. He was crossing me over into another world, into hell. He wanted me to know what it was like.

"Luce?" I said, turning around in his lap, the room still shaking.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"That day at school, when you grabbed my wrist and I couldn't breathe anymore, were you trying to let me experience hell?" I ask.

"That's exactly what I was doing." He said, smiling.

I wanted to experience it completely. I didn't want to be scared anymore. I grabbed Luce's hand and placed it on my wrist. He looked me in my eyes.

"You ready to go all the way?" He asked.

I nod my head.

"Remember, princess, I am not trying to hurt you. It's just painful." Luce said and I nod again.

His grip tightens on my wrist and I close my eyes. They're not going to work anyway, I might as well shut them. I inhale and exhale, taking my last breath. Then I can't breathe anymore. Luce's grip tightens even more on wrist, cutting off my blood circulation. My hand gets cold and Luce begins to rub it.

"I know it hurts, princess. It's almost over." He said.

It felt like he was talking me through losing my virginity. I think I smiled.

It began to get hotter, burning my skin. My eyes fluttered open. I could see again. I could breathe again. Luce wasn't holding my wrist anymore, but he was holding me, bridal style.

I looked around, flames devouring crumbling buildings. The air was thick with smoke. People cried out in the distance. Never ending screams. The flames were bright orange and red, touching the dark sky, illuminating the dying city. It's was absolutely beautiful in a dark, twisted way. But beautiful nonetheless.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Luce asked.

"Absolutely." I said.

Hell on earth. Would it really be so terrible?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Filler!