chapter seven

After spending a month in Asfáleia, I have become very acquainted with my new life. Having lessons everyday with Nash keeps me in shape and I’m slowly becoming one of the best fighters here; I’ve even beaten Nash. But lately something is different. I’ll get this burning sensation in my hands but I have no idea what it is. After a couple of days I asked my friends about it but they had no idea. If it gets worse I’m going to have to tell Mr. Brinager.

            Right now I’m walking back to the Cabin after a day of lessons with Nash. I need a shower before I go to the mess hall for dinner. As I grab clothes out of my dresser, my hands act up and the start to burn.

            “Ow!” I exclaim throwing my hands up. Then the craziest thing happened; balls of light flew from my hands and hit the floor. The floor was suddenly covered in flames. Screaming, I run to the front room where the fire extinguisher is kept and quickly grab it and run back to my room. After I get the fire, I sit on my and stare at the charred piece of floor in front of me. Suddenly my phone vibrates in my pocket and I jump in surprise. Taking it out my pocket, I see a text from Cookie.

Where are you?

I text back.

Will you please get Mr. Brinager and bring him to our cabin, there was an accident with my hands and I kinda need him to know.

            She doesn’t reply but I know that it’s because she is already on the move. About five minutes later, Cookie burst through the door followed by Jordan, Kristina, Nash and Mr. Brinager.

“What happened?” Jordan asks hurrying to me, worry written all over her face.

            “My hands. They….they shot light. The floor…the floor caught on fire.” I look up at Mr. Brinager. “What’s wrong with me?”

            “Light shot from your hands you say?” I nod. “You, my dear, have found your power.”

            “My power?”

            “Yes children of the big three, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, have powers that they eventually develop. Being the daughter of Zeus, I suspect you have some power revolving around electricity. You will learn to control it, I promise. But for now just be careful.” He then leaves without another word and my friends and I are stuck trying to absorb this new information.

            “I, Storm Marie Hunter, daughter of Zeus, am officially 100% confused.” And with that my friends and I went to the mess hall to eat dinner.