𝟢𝟥𝟦,THE SAME SEED

GLITCH
034 | the same seed

THE WARMTH OF THE FIRE SPREAD ACROSS RENEE'S BODY

 ̄ ̄combating with the coldness of the night as she perched on one of wooden logs with JJ's white shirt sat baggy on her arms as some sort of make-shift jacket considering he had changed back into his usual pogue attire whereas Renee, Pope and Kiara remained in their midsummer ensemble.

" hey, guys." Pope spoke, all of the other four pairs of eyes falling in his direction" so my dad's already gonna kill me so what's this mandatory meeting about."

John B and JJ flickered looks at each other — earning confused looked from Renee who tilted her head upwards from JJ's shoulder to look at him.

" might as well tell him, man." JJ said, shrugging slightly " before we get gaffed."

Renee sat upright and turned to her boyfriend with furrowed brows and a horrified expression.

" before we get what now?"

JJ smiled at her gently and moved his hand to slide down the girls lengths of hair and shook his head in an attempt to reassure her. " don't worry babe."

His lips soon colliding with the now bare skin of her cheek as her and Kiara viciously scrubbed the makeup off of their faces with Kie's eco-friendly wipes on the drive here.

She almost fell into him, it was almost inexplainable how much she had missed the different aspects of him; his smile, his random outburst of affection through touches and kisses. Renee had just missed him.

" you ready for this?" John B asked the group, Pope, Kiara and Renee looking at each other for reassurance that they were all 'ready for this.'

" y-yeah." Kiara spoke on behalf of all of them.

" so the gold never went down with the royal merchant." he told them, earning sceptic looks from the girls and a slight scoff from Pope,

" oh,my god." he complained " here we go again with this."

JJ quickly adverted his eyes to Pope, swift to defend John B " no, all right, wait hear him out, all right?"

Pope hesitated to listen but from a urging smile from Renee he abided and silenced himself.

" it's been here the whole time." he spoke casually "it's on the island."

Renee sat herself up, her mouth hanging open in shock. " are you being serious?" she asked desperately " like no shit?"

" oh my god." Kiara grinned, sharing an excited look with Renee whilst Pope spoke up again.

" I'd like to voice my skepticism." he told them, earning a roll of the eyes from JJ who sighed at his friend.

" I'm sure you would, Pope." John B said " but can I present you with my evidence sir."

" proceed." Pope obliged, earning a snicker from Renee who soon looked back at John B.

" all right." he started " so in my backpack I have a letter from Denmark Tanny."

Renee furrowed her eyebrows at the slight familiarity the name rung in her mind but just couldn't manage to put her finger on it .

" who the hell's that?" Kiara questioned.

" Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck." John B explained to Kiara and Pope who looked even more confused than Renee.

" check this out." he said, handing the note to Kiara who began to read it to herself.

" okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members of the ship," he told them " but my dad—" he looked at Renee before restarting his sentence