Chapter 1

It was the winter of 1985 (it actually wasn't-), the air was harsh—as a blizzard had just rolled in , causing you to stay off the roads for the time being. You were left like a sitting duck as the snow fell heavily. Nowhere to go and no one to help get you out of the predicament you were in.

You felt hopeless as your car shut off and the wind grew colder. That was until you saw a bright neon sign in the distance that read:

"JAYSON'S NIGHTLY TEARS"

You swore it wasn't there before and that it appeared out of thin air , but you shrugged it off and approached with caution. Looking inside you saw no one , but a lone bartender. He was a tall bald man wearing a simple outfit and a pair of Timberland boots.

As you entered you were greeted.

"Ah so you're finally awake? Welcome to my bar!"

"Awake? Huh?" You replied as you sat down "What are you on about?"

"Ahh don't worry about it, what can I get you? We have an array of very depressing drinks for your depressive attitudes." The bartender smiled as he prepared a few drinks for you to try.

"I'm guessing you're Jayson? As the sign outside says?" You glance around taking in the cozy but quiet bar.

"Yep that's me, but don't go telling anyone.. I'm wanted in 26 states including Hawaii." Jayson smiled happily at the information he just told you. "Have a few drinks, you're going to be here for a while." He insisted as it seemed like he hadn't seen a customer in ages.

"Why is your bar so far out from the city? I've been around these parts for all my life why haven't I seen it before?" You interrogate the bartender, leading him to smile as he wiped off his counter.

"So you want to hear a story eh?" For a minute he sounded like a heavy set Mexican man but you didn't think to mention it. "There's a long tale of how this bar came to be and the fellow workers who barely help at all."

"Actually never mind, I don't think I'm really interested in the stories of some bald bitch-" You were cut off.

"Free drinks until the blizzard calms down, listen to the damn story." You were forced with no other choice as he began.

"It all originally started back in the town of NC, but the story I'm about to tell you starts off with a reunion of childhood friends a couple years later after the downfall of NC." He said as you buckled in for a story that felt like it would last ages.