Part 16

I keep going up and down the ranking chart :c Anyways, thank you to those who continue to comment and vote. I do read all the comments and take all your ideas into consideration. I really appreciate all of you. :) -jake

•Part 16//YOUR POV•
You didn't recognize the girl. She was petite, blonde and really pretty overall. You couldn't help but feel jealous. "Well, it's too late to talk to him now," you thought to yourself. You walked out of the coffee shop but before you were fully out the door, you turned back to take one last look at Alex and the girl. For a brief moment, Alex and you made eye contact and he knitted his eyebrows. He didn't make any other acknowledgment so you walked out. You threw your drink on the floor and had the sudden urge to just run and keep running. You didn't know where you wanted to go but you just wanted to run and feel the burn in your lungs. As you started running, you heard a familiar voice call our your name. "Hey, wait up!" the voice said. It was Alex. "Don't turn around. Don't fall for it. Don't turn around," you told yourself as you continued to run. You didn't turn around but it was no use because Alex had caught up and grabbed your wrist. "What's the matter with you? I was calling you," he said. Something snapped inside of you. "For the past couple weeks, you tried reaching out to me nor did you ever ask how I felt. You left me fucking crying on my stairs Alex, you know that? You wanted me out of your life and I will stay out. Now leave me alone," you cried as you pulled your wrist back. Alex punched the brick wall next to you guys and screamed. "You think I want you out of my life? Of course not! I fucking love you. Present tense. But the drama is just too much for me and it's driving me insane," he yelled. "Well relationships aren't suppose to be perfect and the fact that you gave up on us just because we were going through a rough patch tells me so much about you, Alex. You got your wish. I'm out of your life and it'll stay that one. Go back to the girl at the cafe or maybe you shouldn't. Save the girl some heart break just incase she falls head over heels for you one day and you decide to leave because it gets too hard," you responded before walking away. As you walked away, you heard Alex punch the wall again but you never turned back to see how he was.

ALEX'S POV

"How the hell could she do this to me?" I thought to myself as I rubbed my swollen knuckles. I watched her and as she walked away. Every ounce of me wanted to just run after her but I knew it was too late; I had messed up with her and this time, it seemed unfixable. I started to walk back to the coffee shop, hoping my date had left because I was in no mood to talk.
The girl who was with me earlier at the coffee bar is Kara. She's a cute blonde from school and she was really fun to be around but compared to her (you), she was nothing. Kara didn't make me as happy. Kara didn't make me smile as often. Kara didn't make me laugh as hard. Kara just wasn't as good. I wanted her (you) and no one else.
Once I had reached the coffee shop, I heavily sighed when I saw Kara still sitting there. I went inside, put on a fake smile and sat back down into my seat. I forced myself to say, "Hey baby," even though it didn't feel right because in my mind, I knew "baby" was reserved for only her(you). Kara smiled back, "Everything okay?" "Yeah, yeah it's all good," I lied. We sat there talking for another hour but truthfully, I didn't hear a word she said. All I knew was she was moving her lips yet I heard no sound because I was too busy thinking about how to make it better with her(you). When Kara finally thought the date should come to an end, I couldn't be more relieved; I stood up from my seat a little to fast and gave her a small hug before pecking her on the cheek before saying goodbye.
As I was driving home, I barely paid attention to the roads. I almost got in another car accident and frankly, I didn't care. I feel dead so why wasn't I dead? When I got home, I didn't get out of my car. Instead, I sat in my car and just blasted the music. When a familiar song came on the radio, I immediately thought back to the one time where we were taking a road trip and she(you) was sitting in the passenger seat with the window rolled down, singing at the top of her lungs. That was the moment in which I knew I loved her because although she wasn't a great singer, she still sang to me because she felt comfortable.
I hadn't even realized that my eyes were getting teary. I wanted her back and I was willing to do whatever to get her back.

YOUR POV

It felt good that you hadn't stood up to Alex. Without Alex, you were starting to get your life back together and rekindled relationships with old friends that you drifted from when Alex and you had started dating. That night after Alex's and your encounter, an old friend texted you saying that there was a party. At first you felt reluctant to go but then you thought to yourself, "Hey, it's summer and I'm single so why not?" You told your friend you were going and started to pick out your outfit. Around 7pm, you had your outfit on and make up on. Although you looked great on the outside, you knew that on the inside, you weren't feeling as confident but there was no time to think because the doorbell started to ring and you knew it was your friends here to pick you up. When they saw you, they all complimented you and it felt so nice just to have your girlfriends around you again. When you arrived at the party, guys whistled at you from all different directions and you felt your face turning pink. As the night went on, one shots became two, two shots became three, three shots became four and so on. The alcohol made you more outgoing and soon, you were dancing in the middle of everyone. Guys grabbed you from here and there, trying to get you to grind on them and you did. This was a new you or at least an old you that you had lost. You were having the time of your life and you didn't want it to stop. However, just as you thought that, the sound of cop cars filled the room. A guy grabbed your hand and the two of you ran causing you to snap out of your party mode. The two of you ran into the pool house and hid there. You didn't even know who the guy was but when you got to the pool house, you got to take a good look at him. However, you stared too long because he asked, "What? Something on my face?" "No no, just staring at you," you said, being a little too honest. He laughed, "Yeah sorry I grabbed your hand inside, it was just my first instinct to grab someone and run since I heard the police coming. Anyways, I'm Matt, what's your name?" As you were about to say your name, you felt a familiar feeling in your stomach. You quickly ran to the bathroom, grabbing your stomach, and threw up in the toilet. You felt so embarrassed but it made you feel better when Matt came into the bathroom and pulled your hair back and started rubbing your back. He laughed, "Lightweight drinker?" You nodded as you started to throw up again. When you finally felt done, you rinsed your mouth and began apologizing to Matt. "Sorry you had to see me like that. I'm not usually like that. Parties haven't really been my scene lately and yeah, I'm sorry," you apologized. "No, no don't worry. Parties aren't really my scene either. I only came because I just recently got out of a relationship and my friends thought I should be out," he explained. "Oh my god, that's my exact situation," you said, amazed at the coincidence. "No way! What a coincidence," he said, pretty surprised himself. Although the police were probably long gone by now, the two of you decided to stay in the pool house and spend the rest of the night talking and getting to know each other.
The next morning, the light from the sun shone into your eyes, waking you up. You quickly widened when you realized you weren't laying on a pillow but rather someone's chest. You looked up at the person and it was Matt. You looked under the covers and saw that neither of you had clothes on. You began to curse at yourself and wonder what the hell had happened last night.
TO BE CONTINUED.
Feedback? How you liking this new Matt guy? Team Alex still or no? Do you think she did anything with Matt? Anyways, please LIKE AND COMMENT. I would really appreciate it. More likes and comments = faster post. Thanks to those who are still active.