Cant there be another one?

Every year, a festival is held for the nerm's coming of age. On this day they will be assigned their life-long tasks.
Nikolas didn't think much of it. To him it was just a regular day, but he was hopeful. His mother was a greeter at the mushpital.

"You would think she would be a nurse or a doctor!"
-He chuckles.

And his father was?
Well, he never really met or knew his father and he was never talked about in the mush-hut so he never knew.
He was probably a leaves collector for all he know.
So he thought the dewey doesn't probably drop too far from the leaf. Right?
So he was hopeful. He was very sure that he was gonna get assigned the most laidback task there is.

"I'll probably be a greeter like mum right Natalee?"
-He asked his younger sister.

"If you say so Nikolas"
-She responds.

Together the two arrived at the festival in the center of mushroom mountain. And just as they were making their way through the crowd, Nikolas heard his name loud and clear as if there wasn't any music playing:

"Nikolas, son of Natasha Greeter, you are hereby assigned from now on, as dew drop collector. It is the m-"

"Natalee?! Did he just say dew drop collector?!"
-Nikolas asked surprised and worried.

"I believe he did Nikolas."
-Natalee responded with excitement.

Nikolas' mind didn't want to process the information that he just received, he was overwhelmed and he passed out.

He was hoping for an easy task but ended up receiving the most important task there is.

He woke up under a tree beside Natalee. He thought he was just dreaming, but he looked and the festival was still going on.
He glanced at Natalee. She just smiled and Nodded.

"Can't there be somebody else? Why me? I can't do that!"
-He complained.

And he wasn't just the one who was complaining. All of the other nerms knew how Nikolas is and were wondering why he was chosen for the most important role for the whole village.
But the choices have been made and these are irreversible.

"Let's just go home."
-Natalee requested.
"Today was an interesting experience. I can't wait to attend the next festival when I come of age!"
-She declared in excitement.

"What do you want to be?"
-Asked Nikolas.

"I don't know. The best is already taken by the laziest nerm in the village."
-Natalee joked at his brother.

They both laughed as they started heading their way back to their mush-hut.