Kareshi, Boyfriend

Kareshi is a normal boy. Well, for the standards of where he lived, of course. He had cyan hair at a nice length, his eyes were a pretty black and he always had a smile on his face. He was shorter than most of his friends, and he could never reach high shelf's without a stool.

His name was quite odd for the most part, since it meant boyfriend. He thought it was a nice name, and didn't care what others thought about it. 

He was in high school, 11th year. He was 17, unlike most he didn't have a job. What he did consider his job was making music, he already had a handheld microphone in his room he took everywhere. Rain, shine, sleet, hail, snow. That microphone was with him to the end. 

Kareshi slept in a lot, he was always late for school. In fact, he was already late now. 

"Kareshi, get up, you're gonna be late!" His older sister, Miku, yelled from downstairs. His sister had nice long pigtails, she was quite a pretty girl. She was only a year older than him, and in 12th. 

He groaned feeling the blinding lights coming from his window. He groggily got up, looking at the time. It was 8:50. 

"Shit." He thought, and he needed to be to school by 9.

He panicked, combing his matted hair and washing his face quickly while putting on some body spray. Kareshi put on his favorite T-shirt, it was a basic white shirt with a red cancel sign on it. The blue haired boy put on his school clothes, a pink tie and a blue buttoned shirt with some navy jeans. He didn't even button his shirt all the way. 

Kareshi then grabbed his microphone and book bag, smiling at himself in the mirror.

It was 8:55, 5 minutes before the school gates closed. 

"Late, late, late, late!'" His mind raced as he ran down the steps, tripping and falling down the stairs, landing straight on his head. 

"You ok, Ototo?" His sister asked, in the kitchen. 

"Yes, nee-chan...

Miku gave him his bento before he ran out of the door, waving at her. "What am I gonna do with that boy?" She asked herself. 

He dashed, a piece of toast of toast in his mouth. It was like one of those cliche anime's. As he ran through the streets, he finally made it to school. 

Great, the gates were already closing. 

He did the unthinkable, he swallowed his toast and held his bag tight, barrel rolling past the closing gate and making it into school, quickly changing his shoes and running upstairs. He had already ran up 3 flights of stairs. 

Kareshi opened the door to the classroom, the handle might as well have broke off from the force of his hands. His whole class and teacher looked at him, and then Kareshi looked at the clock. He was 15 minutes late

"Kareshi Hatsune, hallway. NOW." 

He sighed, sulking as he sat outside in the hall as punishment. The blue hair boy heard some commotion in the classroom he'd just left, and before he knew it he saw a familiar face. It was Pico, his best friend. 

"Yo, what's going on Kareshi-Kun?" He said, giving him a fist bump.

"Nothing much, Pico-Kun. And why're you even out here anyways?" The shorter boy asked. 

"Fucked with Hiyama-sensei so I could see you," He smiled.

Pico and Kareshi had been friends for a long time, since their parents were friends. Pico was always odd to many people, since he carried a gun with him everywhere, he always offered his friends weed, and the fact he had two dads. The blue haired boy never considered him odd, but just as another person trying to get through life.