" ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ʀᴀʏ "

normal au - no demons - go to school
! ⚠️TW⚠️ !
-self harm
-body shaming
-lack of eating
-negative thoughts/$uic!d@l thoughts
if you don't like or are sensitive to these topics, please, I beg of you for your own good to not read this chapter. please and thank you.
...continue at your own risk
further more, for the others that're reading this till the end, enjoy! (:

[edit;] honestly this could've turned out better--sorry this took so long! the ending is a little rushed too, since i didn't know what else to put there, so i'm very sorry ^^''
i still hope you enjoy, though!

character ages:
Norman and Don - 16
Ray, Emma, and Gilda - 15

[<3]

Ray's pov
(wow thats a first [character pov] in this book)

i did the usual routine of waking up, getting dressed for school, and..."eating." ack,..that word disgusts me even just thinking about it. sure, i'm getting skinnier, but i deserve it. i shouldn't even deserve to live...i mean, who would want me, an "ignorant slut," alive, sitting next to them? answer: no one. absolutely no one. someone must be out of their mind if they'd actually want to see and spend time with me. i looked at myself in the mirror, as always, and looked all over my body that was visible to give it it's daily "compliments."

why'd you have to be born so ugly?

oh look, the scars are still there...you're so fucking useless

such a disgrace

just die already..no one would care or even notice..especially mama, i feel bad for her. she had to deal with a downer like me for 15 years.

you're such a weakling

you're not special. whoever tells you that is obviously blind..
(so...you're calling your own boyfrie-)

i sighed, as i covered my arms to hide the scars and pulled my shirt down. i walked down the hall towards the dining room, where everyone else was.

"goodmorning, Ray!!" Emma practically yelled. i winced at the loud noise.
"goodmorning, Ray!" Norman placed down the dishes on the table and had the audacity to bow at me like i'm some kind of prince. i hadn't noticed, but i was furiously blushing.
"..y-yo.." Norman just smirked and grabbed the plates again, placing them in front of each chair. i walked over to help prepare breakfast.

>>during breakfast>>
3rd prsn pov

Ray just stared at his food as Emma and Norman chatted away talking about..whatever they were talking about. after a minute or so, Norman turned around to look at Ray. (Norman is in the middle, Emma on his left, and Ray on his right. he turned slightly towards Emma to talk to her)

"hey Ra-.." Norman stopped as he realized that Ray wasn't eating anything. everything on his plate was still there, untouched.
"Ray? why aren't you eating?" Norman had a tint of worry in his voice. Ray looked at him.
"huh..?- oh,..it's nothing..i'm just not hungry, is all.." Ray said quietly, trying not to be obvious.
"alright then, if you say so.." Norman took one last glance at Ray, worry sparkling in his ocean-coloured eyes, before turning and continuing to talk to Emma.

of course, he didn't believe him. he noticed hadn't been eating for weeks. he's also been the only one who's noticed that Ray has become more skinnier and was way more fragile than he once was. it was concerning the albino to the point where he was almost ready to latch out on Ray to ask him an assload of questions so fast he probably wouldn't be able to comprehend what he's saying at all, not even after the fact he had finished. he'd probably still think he was going even when he had stopped. he'd also had realized at times that whenever he hugs Ray, he flinches and his wrists sometimes have a small bump on both of them, but it was awfully long..and that he's been late to classes from time to time. which is strange considering the fact that Ray is usually one of the students to come early to class just to avoid social interaction (and noise) in the hallways just so he can read in peace.