⒋ A practical joke

A/N: I'm so excited, you're going to see what [name] is made up after three chapters! Also, right-click the video, and press loop if on PC. Also, spoiler to Nene's fate, so please make sure you're up to date with the manga! Sorry if this is rushed (might be some mistakes).

"Please, let me switch homerooms." You slammed your palms on the principles desk, causing their desk nameplate to jump, "It will make me feel ten times better if you do."

You decided to plan at early as it can be and avoid running to a certain Minamoto again, by coming earlier than expected, and walked yourself here to the principal's office. The room is on the first floor.  The flooring was made of dark oak with orange carpet in the middle. A desk is located on the north side. Two beige couches and a coffee table are located on the south side. Bookshelves line each of the side walls.

"...That guy, is a hazard to my health, I can't focus in class with him around!"

"It's only been three weeks since you enrolled here." the adult mentioned. "My answer is still no, you can say the same thing to your grandfather."

You remembered that same day, on the first day of school, walking home with Tsubasa, the news only broke out, when you told him once you got home, with your grandfather hearing the whole ordeal. That night, you bared the onslaught of yelling for not doing as you were told, and had the rules repeated to you.

"Taira," the principal adjusted their glasses. "Look, I'm aware, you're not getting along with him, but don't let that get in the way of you enjoying your high school experience here."

You back touch the soft cushion of the sofa, falling when the adult wasn't given in.

"The longer I stay in the same classroom, the worst it gets, [ma'am/sir]. I don't know if you heard,  but our families-"

"Believe me, we know." the principal looks up at you, under their eyelashes "The whole staff knows, it's only a matter of time until the rest of the school are aware of what's going on between your families, that including Minamoto's, the poor boy doesn't need any more trouble just because you can't tolerate being in the same room as him."

You rubbed your temples together.

"You're a very interesting girl, Taira [name]. I heard you scored two home runs in softball, but didn't join the club, I heard from one of your teachers in how to advance your understanding of Literature  and Social Studies."

You fiddled with your thumb, "At home, culture is really important to us, so I was told to study very hard."

The principal nodded, "You seem like you could be a promising student, but I also heard unpleasant things, like how you show no interest in interacting with anyone, and you were late three times last week or didn't show up to your classes at all."

You hummed, avoiding eye contact quickly, so the bags under your eyes weren't brought into question. The first week, at dusk of night, you did your nightly routine of scoping the place for wandering spirits that were lost and getting rid of the troublesome ones. It grew harder over time until you encounter a certain Minamoto again. After two hours were up, you did the same thing again, in neighbourhoods, until midnight before going home yourself. 

"I've...been busy." you've simply said while adjusting the short sleeves of your uniform.

The principal thought for a moment, before opening their mouth, "Whatever it is, you need to make sure it doesn't clash with your current schedule."