Chapter 3: The First Step

(Y/N) Pov

I jumped out of the window just as my parents ran into my room. I sprinted to get out of sight from them and walked the rest of the way to the meeting place I had arranged with Izuku. I saw him waiting when I got there.

"Hi (Y/N)- chan. How's your afternoon been so far?" He asked me as we started to run.

"It's been better." I told him.

"Is everything okay?" He asked and so I told him my sister had pissed me off.

I didn't mention Dabi or what Hotaru did to angered me because then it would been a giveaway that I'm a villain. I ran with him for an hour and I learnt a lot about him so I told him a bit about me.

"We should do this again." He said as I lay on some grass at a local park.

"Sure." I said. "I need to go."

"Oh okay. See you tomorrow then!" Izuku waved at me as I walked away.

Being with Izuku had helped me take my mind of everything that waited at home.

I walked in and saw my father waiting for me.

"What were you doing?" He asked as I pulled my shoes off.

"Running." I said.

"Go and apologize to Hotaru this instant." He told me. "Or there will be conciquences."

"No I didn't do anything wrong." I told him and tried to walk to my room.

My father grabbed my hair and started hitting and beating me. He always did this if I hurt Hotaru so I was kind of used to it. I didn't cry while it happened, but after I washed my face and coved the bruises, I cried into my pillow for hours.

[At school]

Izuku Pov

I could see (Y/N) already in class talking to Kyoka. Her back was turned to me, but I saw that Kyoka looked concerned about something. I walked over and saw (Y/N) had many bruises on her face.

"What happened (Y/N)?" I asked her.

"Oh I tripped down the stairs at home." She told me but it was an obvious lie. I remembered what she said yesterday about how she was in trouble at home and it hit me.

I leaned over and whispered, "Did your parents do that?" In her ear.

Her reaction told me everything. She gasped quietly, but faked a smile and said no.

I need to make her trust me. She needs to talk about that.

"Can you come over to my house this afternoon?" I asked her.

(Y/N) Pov

I didn't know what to say. If I refused, it would be suspicious, but if I got too close to him, it would be dangerous.

"Sure." I told him and he smiled.

~~~
"If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognise your own weakness."
- Kastuki Bakugo
~~~

Hello! Hope you enjoyed! Just to confirm, it has been a month since the start of the year.