The Cuddle Puddle Returns

This morning, you woke up peacefully.

And like, really, peacefully.

It's suspicious.

Joon is snoring softly in his bed across the room, yet Niah is nowhere in sight.

It's odd.

She usually wakes you up around 10', yet today it seemed she isn't near. It's barely an hour later, yet something still tells you something is wrong.

And so you hurriedly got up and set off to find her.

Which wasn't very difficult.

She was laying in her bed, unusually quiet.

" Baby cakes, you okay?" You ask her softly, sitting down beside her frame, who's covered mostly by her blanket.

You run your hand over her head, as you so often do. Except today she feels unusual hot.

She has a fever.

" It's hot and cold at the same time." She whines as she buries her face in the side of your leg.

You sigh and hum, knowing what to do.

Your younger cousin had a fever once when she slept over at your house, and your mother had taken care of that just fine.

" Do you want to take a shower?" You ask her, she nods with a pout.

While you're helping her shower, Joon is slowly waking up in his own bed.

He too feels like something is wrong, and soon enough gets up to check it out.

Your bed is empty, and the shower is running. 

That's already odd to him considering Niah won't only wake you, having to wake her father too before you go about your morning routine.

You come out of the shower about twenty minutes later, and Joon is at your side as soon as he sees Niah in your arms.

" What happened? Is she okay? Does she need to go to the hospital?" He asks you, brushing his hand through her hair.

You shake your head.

" She's sick." You tell him.

Niah looks at him as he brushes his hand through her hair, leaning into his touch.

It's obvious that she doesn't feel good, she bubbly girl unusually quiet.

" So, no hospital?" He asks you.

You shake your head softly.

" No. For now we're just going to take care of her here. Any idea if we've got soup? We're going to have that for dinner and lunch. Oh, and crackers, that's probably easiest for breakfast." You tell him.

He shakes his head.

" No, but I'll go to the store in a minute. You can stay here, it seems you know better than what to do than me." He tells you, quickly kissing Niah's cheek before making his way back into your bedroom, closing the door softly behind him.

-

[ A/N: I recommend listening to Young K's cover of 'Fly Me To The Moon',, cuz I did and it got me in the feels.]

The day passes by rather quickly. Joon was back pretty fast from the store, and by the end of the day, Niah was feeling a bit better than in the morning.

She enjoyed the attention most, yet neither of you were bothered by it.

It's now somewhere after 7 pm, and all of you are on the couch. Niah was wearing an onesie, which Joon had found in a drug store (where he went to get children' paracetamol). She was cuddled into Joon's side with a thick blanket wrapped up around the both if them, his arm snuggly around her.

You were on a reasonable distance from the two, of course wanting to join, yet not wanting to make Joon uncomfortable.

It seemed Niah wanted you beside her too though.

" Joonie daddy, can mommy join?" Niah asked innocently.

Both your hearts skipped a beat as she addressed the both of as her parents, and it suddenly dawned on you how hard the end of this 'project' was going to be.

Joon nodded wordlessly after a few moments, deciding not to comment on it.

" Of course she can." He smiled at you, and without question, you slipped under the blanket beside Niah.

Join deemed it not close enough though, and after a minute he raised Niah to lay on his lap with her head resting on his chest, and nudging you to sit closer.

You complied, feeling safe as he wrapped his arm around your waist.

Unbeknownst to either of his girls, Joon's heart skipped a beat at the new position, feeling like he's holding two diamonds.

The three of you ended up watching a few movies like that, all wrapped up in each other all together.

The three of you stay like that for the rest of the night, until it's eventually time for Niah to go to bed.

" But I don't want to sleep alone. Can't I sleep with you?" She asks the two of you as you tuck her in.

Joon looks at you, as if asking for permission.

" Of course you can baby cakes. With who do you want to sleep?" You ask her.

" Both of you. Cuddle puddle." She tells you.

You blink at Joon, who shruggs, obviously not bothered by the idea.

It doesn't sound bad to you either.

" Oh, well, okay. Off to a cuddle puddle I geuss." You say.

And so it's set in action, soon enough Joon's bed is pushed up against yours, and three blankets are messily laid onto the bed, along with three pillows. You and Joon are laid facing each other, Niah already half way to dreamland in between the two of you.

" Night." He wishers to you, his hand taking a hold of your own.

You smile back at him in the dark of the room, your fingers gripping his hand with the same strength.

" Goodnight."

[ A/N: Lol two updates. Sorry for the long wait on this one. Anyw, any specific suggestions for scenarios between Joon, YN nd Niah?👀]