chapter 2

*jeff's pov*
I've been brainstorming all day for a video idea and nothing has came to me. Everyone has been too busy to guest star on my channel. Jonah isn't worth a fuck he has slept all day when he is supposed to be my co host. I needed his help on a video but he has been completely useless.

I let out a groan and push my hair back with no idea on what I can do for my channel.
I go through my videos and I was reminded of the homeless people that came to my small barber shop to have their hair cut. The joy across their faces when they are cleaned up brings a warm feeling. I genuinely loved helping them. The way they become more confident in themselves is worth more than money can buy. I think I have decided on what I wanted to film today.

I come out the lobby of my apartment complex deciding I will drive until I find someone who needs my help. Which is not hard. In LA, I think all of us need help. Just some need it more than others.

I finally see someone who I really believe needed my help. This woman's hair is in the worst condition I have honestly seen in my lifetime. Even though I am only experienced in men's hair, I am determined to help her. I believe she needs it the most.

*cassie's pov*
I hate begging. It's the most humiliating thing I have ever had to do. I mean, I came out here to build myself from the ground up. Obviously I never made it off the ground. There's not much more I can do than panhandle, or dig through the trash for my next meal. I am used to skipping meals though that has never been an issue. My parents never got their financial shit straight. So they did what they had to to just keep the shelter over our head. Which is the bare minimum. They are honestly awful people, I just wish I would have been right about being better off.

I hear a vehicle pull behind me and stop. I don't really pay much attention to it. Then I hear a male voice yelling so I turn around. "Hi! My name is Jeff. I seen you walking around and noticed you may need some help. Cutting your hair is the least I can do for you. I promise i'm a professional and i just want to help, please."

I scoff "Sorry, but i'm not interested in being in one of your youtube videos."

Clearly, I don't live under a rock. Girls come from all over just to get even a glimpse of the infamous vlog squad. Back home even my friends were obsessed. They kept up with every video and followed them since Vine. I never found them to be interesting.

"Wait you know who I am?" he questions.

"I'm not an idiot? So just because I'm homeless I don't know what's going on in the world? Dude please fuck off" I spit back

He gets out of the vehicle and runs up to me
"Please you obviously have been dealt a shitty hand. You know what? We don't even have to make a video. Just let me help."

I look off and ponder on if I should give in. It would be nice to just have somewhat of a decent look. Even if it is just my hair. Depression takes a toll. Makes you not even want to do the basic necessities.

"Fine. But I'm not changing my mind on the video."

He nods .

We walk to his truck and he opens the back door for me and then hops in the driver seat. I notice he makes a cut motion to the person in the passenger seat and they quickly put the camera down.

"Are you serious right now?" I angrily ask

"Don't worry it'll be gone, trust me." he answers .

Better be.

"So what's your name?" he asks

"Cassie"