Hunger Games AU

warnings; mentions of death & violence (only mentions)
summary: George gets picked as the new tribute for his district, but his boyfriend Wilbur decides to volunteer and take the place of his lover
word count: 838

„You won't get picked George, I am sure of it", Wilbur said, receiving a small smile from his lover. „But what if?", he mumbled and Wilbur took his face in his hands, before placing a soft kiss on his lips. „I won't let you go as tribute, I will", he stopped and George's eyes widened. „Wil if I get picked you have to promise me that you will just accept it!", George exclaimed and Wilbur sighed. „I can't, I can't lose you, I would rather die than have to watch you fight for your life", he mumbled and pressed another kiss on George's lips, George kissed back. It was a kiss full of love and despair and passion and when Wilbur pulled back he felt a few tears slip down his cheeks. „Hey, this is the last year we could possibly get picked. The chances that it will happen are so low", he reminded George and hugged him tight, in an attempt to comfort the both of them, hoping that neither of them would end up in the arena.

The situation flashed was played back, like a movie scene when he heard George's name being called. George stood next to him, for a second he was unable to move before he looked at Wilbur. George didn't look like he was about to cry, different to Wilbur who was shocked and couldn't believe that it was actually happening. George slowly started to make his way to the front, everyone followed his steps and Wilbur was still in a state of shock. That was until George was almost at the stage, with two guards around him as if they were waiting for him to run off. „Wait!", he screamed, making everyone, including George, look at him. „I volunteer!", he added instantly and George shook his head.

Wilbur avoided looking at the others, especially his friends. He walked towards George who stared at him in disbelief. George remembered that they talked about it, but he didn't think that Wilbur would actually do it. „What are you doing?", he whispered to Wilbur once the taller one reached him. „Saving you as it seems", Wilbur replied, cracking a smile as if this situation wasn't a whole nightmare. George wanted to reply something, but they were pushed away from eachother. Wilbur towards the stage and George back to the other guys.

Wilbur ignored what was being sad, he mostly looked at George who seemed like he was about to murder him. „What's your name?", he got asked and he completely forgot that he wasn't actually the one who got picked. „Wilbur Soot", he replied and his name was repeated to all the people who were standing there, they were all glad that they weren't picked on.

He didn't really pay attention anymore, until he was in a room in the building of the mayor. His brothers and Phil were allowed in, to say their goodbyes Wilbur assumed. Tommy instantly hugged him and Techno's facial expression was hard to identify, but he seemed worried. „You are an idiot", Phil sighed and Wilbur grinned, pushing the feeling that he was about to cry away. Tommy let go of him again, taking a step back and trying to hold in his tears. Wilbur knew how it looked when Tommy held in his tears. Phil hugged him, said a few words that were supposed to encouraged him, but Wilbur thought he could have just said "don't die" and it would have been enough. He didn't blame Phil though, he wouldn't know what to say either. Techno even hugged him, it was a short hug, but it was a goodbye hug of some sort. „Just, come back", Techno said and Wilbur nodded, before watching them leave the room.

A few minutes later, George practically ran into the room and threw himself into Wilbur's arms. He was sobbing into Wilbur's chest and the taller one almost started to cry again, just because of his lover. „You are so stupid!", George cried and slowly let go of him again. „I guess", Wilbur replied quietly, not trusting his voice. „You should have just let me go!", George wiped his tears away, holding in more sobs. „I couldn't have lived with myself if I had just accepted it", Wilbur answered and sighed. They were running out of time and there was still so much left to say. „George I love you and I will do as much as I can to try and come back to you. I promise", he whispered and quickly pressed his lips on George's. George kissed back and they found eachother in the same situation again, desperately kissing eachother and holding on to eachother for dear life. They were interrupted by one of the guards and they immediately pulled back. „I love you too Wilbur", George answered, while he was practically dragged out of the room. Wilbur finally allowed himself to let some of the tears out, knowing that this might have been the last time he saw George.

A/N: I thought about making this a whole fanfiction, so if anyone would want to read that, tell me