Exordium

In a Land very different from the one you may know, a Land of Magic, and fantastic beasts, is where we find a woman on a thundering night. She carries a bundle, the bundle is seen to shift around pulling some of the blanket, revealing a baby. The woman comes to a stop in front of a building very similar to a monastery. As she climbs the stairs to the large oak and banded iron doors, she lays the child in the bundle of blankets down. As she does so she pulls a letter from her cloak and places it with the child, she raises and slams the heavy brass knocker on to the door resulting in a clangorous sound. The woman runs after the knock. After a seemingly long five minutes, a man of what seems middle age opens the door to find the baby crying as he takes the baby inside not noticing the letter due to the man being still half asleep, the letter is taken by a gust of wind to never be seen again. Or so one would think instead a person in a cloak of black catches the letter. They soon disappear into the shadows as if never having existed in the first place.

Some years later the same child from that night has come to the age that in this world is considered as an adult. This age being 14, once one comes to this age they are chosen for a job. These jobs are: Hunter, Ranger, Cook, Law, Archivist, Knights, and the schools of Magic. Hunters are tasked with gathering food for towns and killing monsters. Rangers are like hunters but they take work directly from the ruling body of the city or town they reside. The cooks are just that, chefs, bakers etcetera. The law being sheriff's, lawyers and judges. The archivists keep record of all that fits on in there respective town or city. Knights are trained to serve as warriors and protectors of their city or town. Lastly the magic schools, the schools of dragon, phoenix and chimera. Each school is different, the chimera teach potion making, magic and spell creation. Phoenix teaches to heal and are known to become great doctors. Dragon teaches magic and the way of the sword drawing power from draconic magics.