•Girlfriend

she/they pronouns

***

Sam prepped himself in the mirror. It had been a while since he last spoke with his parents, and now they were going out for dinner. He was quite nervous.

His father hadn't always been the most supportive of his choice for a college degree - and even less so in his decision to play video games for a living. Although he loved his mother dearly, he and his father often didn't see eye to eye and his mother would typically take his fathers side while staying as neutral as possible.

A problem that came between him and his father began in high school, when he started hanging out with girls a lot. He was in quite a few relationships in high school - obviously not lasting long, but he was a teenager. He didn't change much throughout college, finding it easy and stress-free to hook up with girls he met on campus.

His classes soon became all online, and he turned to streaming. This is how he met two of the loves of his life: video games, and you.

You were a streamer as well, mostly streaming with Sapnap or George with Dream in the call. When Sam was invited to the smp, the two started to get really close, and it turned out that they lived only about forty minutes away.

They met up and although they denied their feelings at the time, it was so hard to turn love away when the person made for you was standing right in front of you. Eventually, after only a few months, they moved in together .

It was quick, but Sam honestly had never imagined himself loving someone so much, and them loving him back as well. They mixed together so well and always got along, it felt just right when he proposed the idea of living together after just two and a half months of meeting together in real life.

After about two months of living together, his parents contacted him and asked to meet with him. Although he would have brought y/n, he was nervous about their reaction. He figured it would be a good idea to tell them first.

He buttoned his shirt and threw on a tie, struggling to tie it from his nerves. She walked by the bathroom, and then backpedaled, seeing her boyfriend in such a rush.

"Sam, what are you wearing?"

"A tie."

"With that shirt? Not on my watch." She stepped in and took the tie off of him, then ran her fingers through his hair despite his protests, "you don't need to gel all your hair to your head you silly goose, you look great with it a little fussed up."

He brushed it back down once she was done messing with it, "I just want him to be proud of me."

"I know, baby, I know." She gave him a kiss on the forehead, which he had to lean down for, considering his height, "you're always something to be proud of."

He smiled, "Thank you darlin'. I'll see you soon."

She left him with a small kiss on his lips but a big smile on his face.

***

"Sam!"

His mom smiled widely as he reached the table at the restaurant. He was ten minutes early, but he should've been even earlier, considering they were already here. She got up and reached him for a hug.

"Hi, momma." He blushed as she kissed his cheek.

"You look so handsome - and tall!" She exclaimed.

"I've always been this tall, mom." He laughed lightly and sat down after his mother did.

His father smiled, "How are you, Sam?"

Sam smiled back, feeling slightly less nervous, "I'm good. School's going well, I'm passing all my classes just fine."