Chapter 5

I stormed inside the Daily Newspaper office and climbed up the stairs up to the second floor

I banged my hands over the table of the man who I know is Gupta ji's assistant. "Where is Gupta Ji?"

"Who?" His eyes are lazily half-opened as his head dangles to and fro.

Great! This man is perhaps drunk on work. How incredible.

I picked up the glass of water that was kept on his table and not so generously emptied it at his face to give him a start.

He shakes his head and what I suppose is about to yell but stops himself seeing me in front of him.

"Are, are. Chhavi madam. Why have you come here?" His overly honeyed tone is something that makes me realise that this man does knows why I am here.

"Where is Gupta Ji? And I am not going to ask it again." I have no patience for these men's making fun out of my situation. And thus, I yell. "GUPTA JI! GUPTA JI! YOU BETTER COME OUT YOURSELF OF I'LL MAKE YOU WITH SOME BETTER WAY THAN SHOUTING IN YOUR OFFICE."

"Are, Are Chhavi Madam listen!" The manager stood up from his place and his expression said that he was pleading me to stop as the whole floor was now staring at us.

"Kya sunu mai! Kyun sunu! This is the third time this is happening! And don't waste my time. Where is Gupta Ji? WHERE IS HE!"
[What should I listen! Why should I listen!]

"He is not here, Chhavi madam!" He spoke in a slightly raised tone and I looked at him deadpan.

"Then speak you idiotic man! Where the hell is he? Aasman khaa gaya ya zameen nigal gayi!"
[Has he been eaten by the sky or swallowed by the ground!]

"Firstly please calm down, madam." He was legit begging me to stop as he tried to give me a water bottle but today I was beyond furious to even listen to anyone.

I held upon his collar and pulled him over his table as his eyes widen in shock. "Don't sweet talk me into calming down and stopping. Bloody tell me where he is?"

"In his city centre Bungalow."

Throwing him back on his chair I couldn't help but glare at him. "Your phone. Give me your phone."

The man quickly fumbled out his phone and shakily handed it over to me and I switched it off and put it in my bag. "Take it from Gupta himself."

Gupta, here I come. And you better be ready for what you are about to experience.

 And you better be ready for what you are about to experience