The Story Of The War

I was a Patriot and always will be, I just wanted the British empire to leave the colonists alone. Couldn’t they see that when we went to the new land. Well lets get to a specific night, the night Paul Revere rode, and informed us of the British. While the British were supposedly coming, I was telling a passed down story about Witchcraft to my two younger siblings. I myself was sixteen, and knew little of what was to come with the new war.

I knew it was late, just not how late. I went to the window and saw the church clock. It read 12:30, I was glad that I had put John and Eric down a little earlier. Knowing them they would probably wake back up soon, seeing as they were three year old twins. I had decided the I might as well try and go to sleep, but then I heard the faint sound of horse shoves hitting the gravel road. I once again looked out the window and to the far left I saw him.

I saw Paul Revere, he was yelling something I just didn't know what. I sneaked downstairs trying not to wake mother. When I finally got downstairs I grabbed a saddle from the storeroom. I slowly went to the barn and saddled up Lucy. Lucy was my horse, she loved to be rode but maybe not this early. I decided to give her a little warm up, so we went into her pin and she trotted, galloped, jumped fences, her usual warm up.

Paul Revere was approaching fast and I finally understood what he was saying. He yelled over and over again “THE BRITISH ARE COMING”. Lucy began to run towards Paul. I tried my hardest to stop her but she always knew when there was danger. Lucy galloped towards Paul and his horse. All of a sudden Lucy stopped and so did Paul.

“What are you doing all women and children should be inside” Paul said with concern.

“Well I came to help, looks like you need it” I had said as if I knew what he needed.

“HELP, From a girl, I think not” He had said.

“I don't need permission”

“Well you'd better keep up,this is no time for fun and games. Nor a place for children We have a war on our hand and we must alert the colonists about the British coming”

During our ride we saw several suicide attempts. I thought to myself “Better they try than get shot to death.” Then as soon as I thought that, we saw far in the distance, the British had began to form their march. At that moment my heart dropped into my stomach, and I realized what was going on, and I began to think that this could be my last day, that I Cullodina of Helensburgh would never see my mother, John, or even Eric.

“It's okay, we shall be fine” Paul said noticing I was scared.

“I sure hope so” I said, My voice a little shaky.

We rode in silence for a while, listening to what I thought was the last I would ever hear. I sure was scared, and you have no idea how scared. I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on, you could say I was in a little trance. When I came back to my senses I saw that Paul was just riding his horse in the direction of the British.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” I yelled

“I can not live anymore, I have lived all I want to live, now you go on save yourself, GO NOW!” Paul said