Chapter Two: Just The Beginning

"Of course it was him, what was I thinking.."

Jennie got into her stepfather's car, she had left him a note in the kitchen telling him she took it, just in case.

Her eyes were filled with anger as she drove. She felt stupid, she had failed to notice the difference in handwriting.

But her failure was the least of her concerns now.

She'd finally found who killed her mother, her mother's ex boyfriend.

Choi Han-Gyeol, they had only been together for a year and a half but they'd gotten engaged.

Their relationship only went downhill from then. Han-Gyeol became addicted to drugs.

It only took a few months before Han-gyeol was taken to jail for his addiction.

So-Eun went months talking to him for only a few minutes a day, it had become tiring for her.

Jennie still remembers the last words Han-Gyeol told her mother during the last phone call So-Eun had with him.

"I will kill you if you leave me, So-Eun"

Just thinking about those words brought tears to her eyes.

When he said it, she hadn't thought much about it. Now that her mother was gone, she knew he meant what he said.

Once she had finally made it to his neighborhood, her eyes scanned for his house.

She growled under her breath as she spotted his home. It was a small, pastel colored home with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.

She wasted no time getting out of the car after pulling into the driveway. She knocked so harshly on the door she almost busted her knuckle.

It took about 3 minutes for the man to answer the door, he stared down at her with shocked eyes. "Jennie?"

"You fucking bastard." She mumbled, her arm raised as he gave him a painful uppercut.

She had hurt her hand while punching him but she could care less.

She had lost control only minutes later while he was still on the floor in pain from the first punch she threw.

Though it wasn't long before she pulled herself back, there was blood all over the floor.

He was still alive, just extremely injured and in pain.

Jennie took a few steps back before she rushed out of his home, slamming the door behind her.

She at least felt half satisfied with what she'd done, getting into the car.

Wasting no time to get out of the driveway and out of that neighborhood.

Once she returned home, she laid down with only one thing filling up her mind and clouding up the rest of her thoughts.

"I'm going to get rid of him, one way or another."