Chapter Sixteen

Kind of a shit chapter, but I figured I put out what I had so far. Thanks for reading it anyways 😂❤️
-Lyla

Mal's POV

We are currently back in the car and the clouds don't look the same as yesterday. There's no sun, the clouds roll in groups causing darkness to overlap. Must be my calling that I'm actually going to see my father. I haven't seen him since the day I left for LA which was three years ago. Which reminds me why we are seeing my father? To kill time I decided it's time to wake up from this nightmare and answer emails. There were a lot pertaining to Niall's schedule. He's supposed to go on this world tour for his album flicker this summer and we're already behind schedule. I open my laptop pushing all our deadlines back a week so we have time to catch up. I did a couple brand deals for Niall as well a couple with Ray Bans and Nike for his golf company.

Soon I got bored of work and did the one thing I was told to never do with my clients- I googled Niall's name. A punch of gossip articles popped up. There were multiple talking about his "new girlfriend" with my face plastered everywhere. How do these people even get these pics of us? There was another talking about how Louis and Niall stayed in a motel in Minneapolis.. How do they know that? I searched up One Direction just to see if anything popped up. Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Liam Payne seen at a Casino in Minnesota. Are they following us?

"Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"I think we're being followed." I showed him my laptop.

"Oh I know don't worry about it they're not going to do anything."

"What do you mean? Before you said they wanted us dead?"

"I got it handled."

I knew something was up just by the way he was talking. Answering each question with a precise answer as if it's been rehearsed.

"Why are we seeing my dad?"

There was no response.

"Don't make me ask again!"

"Niall calm your girlfriend down." Louis muttered.

Something is wrong. I'm getting a bad vibe right now. Louis is not himself; he's been quiet the whole car ride when he's usually the loud one. Niall and I haven't argued at all today either which is another reason why I'm worried.

"I just thought it would be good for you to see him. You always talked about coming back- so consider this as a vacation." Niall said to me, trying to calm me down.

"How do you know where he lives then? I haven't told you his address."

"Baby who do you think I am? I have my way to find these things out. Now calm down please."

Something is wrong I just know it.

A couple hours go by and we reach a greenhouse with a brow roof. The one place I don't want to be at. All the memories came flooding in- all the screaming, crying and dark nights. My hands were shaking as we came to a stop in the driveway. My body is telling me to stay out, don't go in. But it's too late I'm already knocking on the front door.

Louis and Niall waited behind me.

"Maybe he's not in."

"Knock again." Louis said to me.

I continued to knock on the door.

Finally the door opened up to my father. The one face I never wanted to see again.

"Mallory?" He looked from me then to the boys behind me giving me a worried look.

This time he whispered to me, "Mallory why are you here? Why did you bring them to my house."