figure ,,

i'm so exhausted. i've been dreaming of having a relaxing rest all day. i head to my bathroom and then begin to brush my teeth. toothpaste pours down my chin and drips on my brand new pajamas. my heavy footsteps pat on the ground as i get ready to pounce into the comfort of my soft, warm bed.

i yawn as i stretch. but as my eyes open, i realize this isnt my room. actually, im not sure who's room this is. i glance down and realize im not wearing the same pajamas i was when i drifted off, and my hands look completely different.

what happened to me? too many questions fo myself right now. as i glance back up, i see a dark figure standing there in the corner of this mystery room. its bluntly staring at me with a murderous look in its eyes. i cant seem to make out who or what it is, but i really want to go home.

"uhh... hello? can i help you with anything?"i manage to squeak out to the figure in the corner. nothing. i don't even think it can talk. frightened, i bolt out of the room, hitting my right leg on the doorframe while heading down the stairs.

i'm pretty sure this is a dream, so that means i can do any--"i come to an abrupt halt. as i glance in a hallway mirror, i realize im not in my body. i'm in someone else's body. this can't be a dream, because in dreams, you can only visualize people you've seen in real life. i've never seen this person before. 

  screaming, i dash outside. i need to somehow acknowledge the fact i'm in someone else's body and someone or something is after me. i glance behind me and realize the dark figure has made its way outside. it's following me.

the only thing i can think to do is run. however, i notice something. when i ran before, i couldn't tell it was following me. now, it is so loud i can't even describe it using words. the only thing i can think to do is-- a sharp pain enters my lower back.

  i open my eyes and sit up in the bed. i feel relieved, but then i decide to glance down and realize i'm in someone else's body again. i try pinching myself. nothing. i also cant help but notice the dark figure is in the corner again.

at this point, i don't know what to do. the dark figure seems to be getting closer and closer, so i decide to bolt. this time, i head to my favorite diner. i'm hoping the fiure cant follow me into public places, and the diner's always pretty full. with my hopes up way higher than they should be, i confidently continue on to the diner.

it's a ghost town. i'm finally at the diner, but no one's there. no one. come to think of it actually, when i was in he last body there was no one around either. a breath of icy cold touches my neck. it is the figure. i can see it's face looking down at me from behind my back. it os terrifying. i feel the blade go in for the second time.

i yawn. i can already tell i'm in a different body again. i glance at the corner, but this time, there's no figure. instead, it's a giant ball of light. In my eyes, and from learning from horror movies, light = good. i somehow gather up the courage to leap out of the wooden bed i was in and sprint as fast as i probably can into the light.