Chapter 8: No

*** Luke's POV ***
The boys and I finish rehearsing so we all head to our various dressing rooms. I close the door and sit down and pull out her picture from my wallet. I smile back at her soft smile. Someone knocks at the door and not thinking anything of it, I invite them in.

"Come in!" I yell. The door opens and shuts again and I look up to see Kendall.

"Get out." I say standing up and clutching Kade's photo tightly in my hand.

"Aw, babe, you know you don't want me to do that." She says, slithering closer and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Yes I most certainly do." I say, tugging at her iron grip around my neck.

"Oh babe you'll never guess who's here." She whispers in my ear before kissing me hard.

I suddenly hear the door shut again and a gasp sounds through the room. I would recognize that sound anywhere, I heard the same sound when I told her I loved her for the first time. Kendall drops her arms and backs up with a smirk on her face. Kade clears her throat.

"Kendall?" She asks sweetly with a smile on her face and anger shimmering in her eyes.

"Yes?" Kendall responds warily, confused but her reaction.

"Would you like to explain why you were kissing my boyfriend?" My girlfriend continues just as sweet as before. Kendall takes a few steps closer to Kade, towering over her 5' 8" frame, and leans down to her ear.

"Because he wanted me to." She stage whispers. Kendall leans back with a smirk on her face. I watch Kade close her eyes and take a deep breath. Still not opening her eyes she says,

"Get out before I break that pretty little face of yours." She whispers.

"You wouldn't." Kendall says confidently.

"Wanna bet?" Kade asks her, finally opening her eyes and quirking an eyebrow at her. Kendall frowns and walks quickly to the door.

"Oh and Kendall?" Kade says, making Kendall stop in her tracks.

"You come near me again or anyone close to me, I will follow through." Kade says, staring Kendall down. She quickly nods her head and scurries out of the room.

I watch Kade deflate a bit and walk over to the couch. She sits down and puts her head into her hands. Resting her chin on her palms she looks up at me with pain coloring her features. I feel myself break a little bit at that expression and begin to walk over to her. She puts up her hand to stop me.

"Tell me that she was lying." She whispers. I try to figure out what she was talking about but I must have hesitated a moment to long.

"God, how could I have been so stupid?!" She says, burying in her face back into her hands.

"I should have seen this coming." She shakes her head and I can see tears dripping down on my favorite Green Day tshirt. I feel my heart break even more. I take another step towards her but she once again holds up her hand.

"But I didn't. I believed that I was good enough." She says, smiling but it doesn't touch her eyes. She gets up and walks toward the door.

"Cuz in the end I'm a six and your a ten." She opens the door and looks back over her shoulder at me. "It was nice while it lasted. Goodbye Luke. I'm leaving now."

And with that she was gone and I didn't stop her.
~~~~~~~
*** Kade's POV ***
I shut the door behind me. He didn't stop me. I feel the tears fall faster down my face and a sob wrenches itself out of my chest. I walk down the hall and wrap my arms around myself. I hear his door open.