Memory

Love ,such a waste of letters. There was a time when it was the only thing that occupied my mind. But now I hated it more than anything.

Today I were to attend the grand festival of Eisle. At this festival all the werewolves gathered in order to find their soulmates. It was mandatory for every girl to attend the event after she turned twenty.

I turned twenty last month. So here I was all dressed up and looking pretty. I hated doing it. Fashion had never been my thing. It seemed frivolous to me. I looked myself in the mirror. My eyes were empty and my face pale. Even the makeup could not hide my absolute distress which I had applied in tons, adding to my ugliness.

I was a mere human in the world ruled by werewolves. But I was thankful for that. Werewolves were deceptive creatures. They were exceptionally beautiful to look at. Even their aura would make anyone fall at their feet. But behind that beauty were hideous creatures who craved power more than anything. They exploited the weaker to feel empowered. We humans were something disposable to them. If it hadn't been for the sake of finding mates among us they would not have spared us a hundred years ago.

Years of sufferings by the humans eventually led to the formation of a rebellion group of humans called the unarmed. Thinking about it lifted my spirits and brought the sparks back in my eyes. It reminded me of my real purpose of being here. I told myself to be strong. My skills and abilities were the only thing I could hold on. I could not make a mistake this time.

I gathered all the hatred I felt for them. It helped me fuel my energy. I remembered my people, their suffering,their diminishing hope for a happy future. I took a last look at the mirror and ventured out to the festival.