Creation

Day breaks every morning, and parts every night. That is why we know to wake up, why we see colour, why we recognize living things. In so many cases, life belongs to the light.

Earth. What was it without light? It was dark of course, but what more? An earth poor in light was lifeless, dreary and cold. It was legendarily uninviting. Nobody was happy, the people all wept frozen tears. They dressed without colour, because there was none to see. They saw no distance therefore the people went nowhere.

Hard to believe the earth once was like this, but it was and it almost happened twice.

The story has since become a mere legend; for it personifies two magical creations of God in an odd new way. It is called, The Light That Loved.

The sun, born from beauty and warmth, she was created to seek love. She glowed with sparking embers flying about her. She was a fiery ball of liveliness that ironically, couldn't have been a better representation of what love looks like. When He made her, God said "Go, and you shall create something beautiful."

Sun grew with entrancing shape and enticing loveliness but most of all, she was kind. Graced by God and laced with light, she was set free to go and fulfill her destiny.

Running over blankets of cold sky, she found what God had intended for her. Earth; It did not look like it, but it was worth so much. It was a singular planet, fairly small with one big moon circling it. God had made Earth to promote love through a series of life giving creations. God had created Sun for spreading light and warmth for creations like those. The two were puzzle pieces meant to fit with each other to create God's vision.

Sun felt brighter, seeing the Earth. For even though he was poor in light, seeming wretched and cold, Sun saw the beauty in what could be between them. She was hopeful for a future.

Earth was quite brown and glassy for it was essentially dead for lack of better word. He was round but hollow looking, with almost no character to spare a smile for Sun, but he mustered up what could be considered one and shared it with this new living energy.

Excitement bursting from her fiery core, Sun introduced herself with dignity and poise. "I am the Sun. I am the creation that creates. I can provide light and warmth for you and all your existence. I can make a world out of an Earth, and that is my intention."

Earth, quite intrigued by such an offer, responded with, "I am an Earth. He who is willing to raise a nation. I can provide sources if I have light. Plants, animals and creatures that talk. Water and Hilltops that roll onwards as you walk. Me destiny is to allow more destiny into more people but I cannot warm the icy terra on my own."

"Very well then," Sun said, "Then we need each other."

And so, without informalities, each member of the lovely pair grew to love the other. Sun loved Earth so much, she placed a piece of her passionate glow, into the once hollow core of the Earth's body. He began to flourish more beautifully after that.

The glaciers that sprung like tall daggers from the ground were soon melted into oceans that drew in smooth rocks and jewels that would always draw attention from the humans. The Earth came alive with creatures and wildflowers, colours splashed and flew from the light like paint. Grass and leaves danced in wisps of oxygen called breezes and the sky tinted itself with spectacular beauty. Earth was no longer useless. Sun was no longer useless. God smiled upon them both in all their procreation. What a beautiful sight the pair were. What beautiful sights the pair made.

For years Sun and Earth made life. They witnessed changes and paths woven into the ones that God had already told them about. They saw dinosaurs and cavemen, they heard voices sing, they saw feet dance. Sun and Earth were parents of almost as much as God.

Unfortunately, having seen what all they had to as guardians of many humans and animals, they saw death, and they frequently cried together when it happened. Especially when uncalled for. Wars and murders broke out and angry people went seeking fulfillment in their emotions. Earth was shaken by feet stomping on the ground and he cried when people fired gunshots to break the peaceful air. Of course it wasn't just Earth who felt this way, Sun knew that every time a home was burned, light and fire was misused yet another time. She was emotionally destroyed by the fact that people could light up someone's existence with such a dark mind.

"This is not the type of light that should be shining on people's faces. They are burning each other. I gave them light, and they have chosen to render it upon their brothers and sisters. What have I done?"

Earth knew that even with her inner fire, Sun was no match for the blossoming evil in the world. He knew she would blame herself in every warlike situation. So, lovingly, and with a heavy heart, he went to God and said,

"God, I am truly afraid of what might happen to sun with all this rage and evil growing in our world. When we talk about our journey together, I want no tales of woe to bombard the fact that we have created something beautiful alongside you. I have heard the people discussing another war. One so much more damaging than before. They are planning to face the world. They seek total destruction. Atomic bombs and disguised explosives, suicide planes and cannons larger than the anger the countries actually feel. What can I do to protect the one I love?"

God answered, "I see that there will be good in the world one day, problems only create mountains. These mountains are ones we climb, and once we climb them, we shall see the beauty that surrounds us once again. Until this day comes we must learn when to turn ourselves and others away from evil. I understand where your fear is derived. What do you suggest?"

Earth was now certain of a solution. "Sun has many great qualities that she could bestow upon many a cold planet. Let her feel loved by more as the war carries on. Let her learn about good and bad. Teach her that it isn't her fault when things go wrong. I will host the war, then wash the people over with rain for her homecoming."

Earth hoped he had created a helpful solution. He was loving enough of Sun to let her go. A little later, he went to her.

"Turn away from this darkness and spread light where light is due. The humans have betrayed their kindness, fear is spreading. All of this stress is not what I wish to do unto you. Take your light and turn away, for I must leave my thoughts to host a war. I am sorry, but neither of us can stay awake in this nightmare."

From September first 1939, Earth shut down. It let loose what control it had always held over the growth and death of living things. War broke out between the people, and many a dead body dirtied the soil and grass where flowers should only lay.

Sun fled to larger planets and created life in other galaxies, she let love blossom in rainbows of crystal beams of power that Earth liked to call, Sun's light. She missed Earth dearly and wished to see him again, but she'd gone too far off into space, carrying herself across pulls of gravity, searching for oxygen filled planets to inspire biotic creatures and greens. She could only let the non-living space guide her towards her fate, and that was scary. All sun would think through these painful days passing was I have love, I have faith.

On September second, 1945 a magical event occurred. An event that could only take place with the hands of God pulling on life's strings. In the distance, as she drifted, Sun saw the Earth, a bruised and smoky weakened version of him, but Earth none the less. She glowed brighter and sung to him "I have returned! I have returned! I have spent a lifetime waiting upon a vision of you, and you are here now, right before me, where I would have you nowhere else."

Earth was woken at once. Light burst from his core. bruised and battered, he smiled for her. He sang out to her what thoughts have hidden behind his sleeping feelings.

"I have never experienced so much pain, waiting for you. Part of me believes that these craters and cracks in me have raised from my heart. Missing somebody is truly a curse meant to be broken."

Sun came to Earth once again, and they heard the people scream "The war is over now! The light has returned to us now."

And so with this story, we are left with one question to answer for ourselves. Light. It affects us and our mentality, it puts us to sleep essentially. Light is like love. Or perhaps the light is love. It is beautiful without being tangible, and good things are created with it. Light is Love. It is good and procreative, it makes us happy and helps us see clearly Love and light, they are equal, one in the same, they are amazing.