Chapter 1: To the Land of Waves

The group of six walked slowly down the road with the three Genin leading the front of the group and the two Jonin were taking up the rear. "So hows life been?" Kakashi asked the Saiyan next to him who walked with his arms crossed,"Eh, its been fine. You?"

"Considering I've been putting up with two of yours? Its been annoying." Bardock chuckled,"Welcome to my personal hell, get used to it because I have a feeling it will be lasting a while." Kakashi sighed,"Honestly, how do you and Mikoto handle them all the time?"

"Have you met Mikoto? Those two are terrified of her, they'd do just about anything she told them without much complaining.....wait, no, Naruto will complain and well....he ends up doing exactly what she wants to say the least." The white haired Jounin chuckled,"I don't even want to ask."

Up ahead, Sakura was still questioning her teammates about their newly revealed relationship with Bardock. "When....How.....Who?" She asked still short circuiting from the information she recieved,"He's been around since we were kids, ya know?" Naruto told her as he and Sasuke walked along the road,"No I don't know, because neither of you ever talk about it!"

"Keep it quiet brats! Its bad enough I'm here but if I get a headache from your constant yelling, I will personally punt you all to the Land of Waves!" Bardock told them causing Naruto and Sasuke to stiffen while Sakura covered her mouth with her hands out of fear. "Hm....I should get the Third to send you with us more often, I might finally be able to re-read my book without interruption."

Bardock raised an eyebrow before he remembered what Kakashi had been seen reading when ever he had down time,"Oh your talking about that weird book the other old guy wrote, Jirama, Jyra-"

"Jiraya." The Saiyan snapped his fingers,"Yeah him. Mikoto kept telling me that the guy had a bit of a reputation as a perv, but she also told me he's pretty strong. That true?" Kakashi only nodded in response,"He's one of the Three Sanin, of course he's strong."

The two continued to talk with Tazuna just keeping to himself as they walked and the three Genin talking amongst themselves. As they did so, Bardock and Kakashi noticed the puddle on the ground in the road. They gave each other a look as they passed it by before suddenly two Mercenaries appeared out of the puddle with chains ready to tear Kakashi and Bardock apart.

However, they were quick to find Bardock was quite an immovable object. The chain's wrapped around the Saiyan and then were pulled taught causing the two Mercenaries to suddenly go flying backwards. "Woah!" Sakuara shouted out in surprise with Naruto and Sasuke quickly placing themselves in front of Tazuna. Their training with Bardock had made them quite capable Genin. Bardock wouldn't have wimps for nephews, he made sure of that.

"You wanna deal with this or should I do it?" Kakashi asked Bardock who started to walk forward,"I got it, go on ahead. I'll catch up in a minute. I want to make this trip at least a little interesting." The masked Shinobi only turned in the opposite direction and started to walk with a wave,"Have fun. Come on, Bardock's got this."

Tazuna watched with wide eyes as Kakashi just kept walking while the Mercenaries suddenly started to back away from Bardock,"Hey Tazuna, team 7, lets go." Kakashi said causing the two boy's who knew the most about Bardock to hesitantly turn but did so first as they knew full well that he would be back in just a few short minutes. Tazuna only shrugged before doing so leaving Sakura to catch up.

"Wait, are we really just leaving him?" She asked her teammates,"Uncle can handle a couple of losers easy. I was just looking forward to watching him fight." Sasuke told her as they walked,"He's the strongest Jonin in the village, and if I had to say, he's probably one of if not the strongest Shinobi on the planet." As if to emphasize his words the ground suddenly shook as one of the Mercenaries let out a scream in the distance.