New day, new me.

• Dedicated to Holly Jade O'Connor

"ALEX! Please, please don't leave me. I need you." I tell my baby brother my heart clenching in fear.

"I'll never leave you. If you are alive then so am I." Those were the last words I would ever hear from Alex.

Present Day.

As I walked through the halls of my new high school thinking, 'What a waste of time, I could be training to kill the monsters that murdered Alex' I heard a bunch of girls talking.

"I heard that the new girl got kicked out of 5 schools this year for fighting!"

"I heard that her family died when she was 14."

"Well I heard that she is an Alpha's daughter."

"Was, you mean."

"No I mean IS. Her dad is still alive."

"I'm right here ya know." I tell them icily. As I saw them jump I knew instantly that they recognized me.

"J-j-j-jayden Gr-r-r-reene?'' One of the girls sounded absolutely terrified. I loved to hear the fear in the voices of my prey. I heard running down the hall.

"Jayden! Devon and Grey are coming and you need to not manage to get kicked out." Nico tells me. "And they said not to kill anyone. That means if you find who killed Alex, don't kill them. Torture them and hope they die from those wounds after you release them."

"What are two rouges doing on my territory?" I heard one of the most alluring voices I could ever hear ask. I turned around and instantly his scent hit me. Hard. Pine forest mixed with ocean breezes. 'Uh-oh. An Alpha is my mate.' is the first thought that came to mind. His blue eyes were cold and emotionless until he looked me in the eyes. Then I saw a flash of disbelief.

"Oh, this is just perfect. My mate is a rouge. I'm the Alpha of the Silver Creek Pack, and a rouge is my fucking mate!" He says. I freeze up.

"What pack did you say you are the Alpha of?" I ask.

"SIlver Creek. Why?"

"Nico, either prepare to bury a body or prevent me from killing an Alpha and getting taken by the Council. Again." I growled out trying hard not to rip out my so-called mate's throat. "If I get taken by the Counsil again Nyx will have me trapped in her realm for a while."

"Jade, you aren't allowed to kill anyone. Especially not an Alpha." Grey said as he walkd up. "And you are definitely not the only person who wants Riley dead." He looked like he was ready to kill at a moment's notice.

"I do have a right to gain retribution for my pack. He did help kill them, as well as the Hunters that he allied with." Nico pulled me away from a fight we all knew I would start. 

"Do not attack anyone. Remember? That was the deal. You helped me once, so now I'm doing the same for you."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

To the side is a picture of Jade and Riley's wolves. The video is Boulevard of Broken Dreams. This is because Jade's dreams about having a good mate are broken.