Chapter 1

Based on the Tumblr prompt:

AU the becketts are a crime family led by two lawyers, jim and johanna. rick does his research by following johanna around, but then he meets her daughter kate...

• • • • • • • • • •

The Beckett's are fairly know in the city. They are a firm of two lawyers that happen to be married, Johanna and Jim. They had quite the reputation among other lawyers. They made it their job to bring criminals to justice, it was odd to represent only not guilty clients but that's what made them famous. Which caught the attention of Rick Castle. He had heard the story of Johanna and was immediately impressed by their dedication to fight for the truth. He asked her if he could follow her around get some ideas for a new book. Johanna was overwhelmed with excitement, she had been reading his books forever! Now, he was asking her to give HIM inspiration. She made sure she was professional and agreed to his offer.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Rick walked up to the Beckett's home in The Upper West Side. Rick strolled up to the giant red doors and gave a few loud knocks. He was face to face what he expected to be Jim.
"Hello! Come on in." He greeted him cheerfully, once they were inside he started. "You must be THE Rick Castle." He reached out his hand and gave it a firm shake. "My name is Jim Beckett." He let out a soft chuckle, "My wife has been going on about how excited she is to meet you."
"I'm glad that this was okay with everyone." Rick said.
"Nonsense! This is more than okay." Jim said leading Rick through the home to the back where he assumed was the office. Jim tapped on the door before opening it.
"Honey-" he started before Johanna was already on her feet shaking Ricks hand.
"So nice to finally meet you Mr. Castle." She said grinning ear to ear.
"The pleasure is all mine Mrs. Beckett." He smiled at her.
"Well since we are all introduced, I can tell you that you can call me Jim and her Johanna. No need for formality here Rick." Jim said.
"That's fine with me Mr.- uhh Jim." Rick stammered.
"Let's get down to business, what do you want to know?" Johanna said peering at him from across the desk.
"Well to be honest, everything."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Sorry for the rush. This is my first full... So don't be mean!! It will get better I swear!