Winter's Wonderland - HEA

Happily Ever After - Is true love really a swipe away? 

Now's about the time when your girl Winter prattles on about some date that went bottom's up, thanks to the datee's intestinal distress, or my own inability to wander the world without catching fire. And I know you've all been dying to hear about my experiences with HEA. To know if a demon's kiss is sinful or sweet. To know what it feels like being coddled in an angel's wings. 

Honestly, so was I. I was here for those dates with our majjo sisters, to experience the non-human world with them, and to sneak in some good smooching sessions.

Sorry to let you down, but I won't be disclosing the nature of last night's date to you. Even my cousin, who, as I type, is eagerly awaiting a play-by-play of yesterday's events, won't be privy to the details.

But know this, at the edge of an abandoned district, far removed from the city, I experienced a date I'm not talented enough to put into words. This should come as no surprise, considering I write about farts and accidental fires.

What I don't write about are fairy tales because, for a long time, I thought they weren't real. They couldn't exist given everything I know to be true, everything I've experienced in the twenty-four years I've been alive. And maybe they still don't exist.

Maybe I've just become more wishful in how I think. 

Maybe the way her hair sparkled like strands of pearls changed me. Or maybe it was how her mouth quirked a second before she started laughing like her body was on a time delay. Maybe it'd been how she wrinkled her nose when she went on about the winged enemies terrorizing the skies over the Brights. Maybe it was one of those things, or a combination of all of them, that made me believe for just a second, that the world was right. That in that time and space nestled beside her, fairytales could happen. 

Yeah, yeah. I know. Withholding information? How selfish can I be, right? 

Trust me, I know it's bad. And I know after I post this I'm going to have people rage-unsubscribing from this blog. You'll snub me on Instagram and may even, if I've attained the appropriate level of fame, start a smear campaign against me. 

Thing is, doing this is detrimental to my real life. I'll probably lose my job since I'm actively breaking my contract and the company's code of conduct, but in the words of the smartest damn person I know, "Fuck em." 

Finally, Winter Green is doing what she damn well pleases. Maybe it's not true love that's a swipe away — it's far too early for that — but it sure as hell feels like a step in the right direction.

#excitedforwhatstocome #grabbingthemoon #optimist #sometimesprivacysthebestpolicy #hatersgonnahate #fuckem

Total Word Count: 22,810