It Had to be You

She heard his breathing. Hot breath into her mouth. His tongue skimmed past her teeth lingering over her lips. And then he did it again. Namjoo felt like she was melting. Her belly warm.

Some feelings she never knew of before.

She gasped when he pecked her cheek and kissed her neck. It tickled, but it felt good. Her heart rammed faster, then her eyes shot open.

"Jongin. Jongin. Wait." Squeezing his shoulders, she ushered him back.

His chest pounced. He was breathing fast and hard. Face as badly flushed as hers.

Crossing an arm over her chest she massaged her shoulder. Namjoo wasn't sure whether to feel guilty or wronged. He probably didn't even mean to go all the way.

"I...I don't think I'm ready yet."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." He reddened.

Having no idea how to proceed, Namjoo squeaked, "Can we just lay down? I'm tired."

Jongin blinked surprised at the suggestion. She didn't wait leaving him still on the floor of her apartment. Climbing into bed Namjoo drew the blanket up to her neck. So comfortable she sighed. Her eyes shut just momentarily, opening when she felt the blanket being adjusted on her. It was Jongin.

Patting the bedside, she boldly asked, "Want to lay down?"

"I can sleep on the floor." Jongin offered.

"Cockroaches might come out." Namjoo watched his eyes hover over the wooden flooring fact checking her lie. For effect, she added, "I'm not scared of you."

"Maybe you should." Yet he eyed the empty spot. Giving in to the comfort of the bed over the hard floor, he crept up to lay beside her but didn't get under the blanket. The mere presence of him made her nerves tingly, but she didn't despise it.

Shifting onto her side she faced him. Breaking the ice with, "When was your first time?"

His lips cracked open befuddled by such a private question. "What kind of question is that right now? Seriously."

"Well, I'm asking, so you should tell me." Namjoo encouraged. "So?"

Rubbing his hand over his face, he mumbled, "I don't think this is the kind of thing you'd want to know."

"So, you've never lost it?"

"Hey!" He shot immediately turning to her. Namjoo giggled amused. Sighing, he asked, "Honestly?"

"Yea, honestly." She shrugged.

"Law school. My first girlfriend. We were celebrating for completing our first semester. I had too much to drink." Glancing at her from the corner of his eye, he said, "You saw her."

"Me? I've never seen you with a lady." Namjoo frowned.

"Outside the courthouse. Think about it."

"Oh!" Her eyes widened. Then loudly, "Really?!" Chuckling, she hit his shoulder, "Why, you really got around."

"She got married to Hangyeol."

"What a small world." Namjoo commented.

"They're getting a divorce though." Jongin informed. "And they have a kid."

Namjoo's mouth went more oval the juicier information he dropped.

"Then," she joked, "do you have a secret kid somewhere?"

She laughed when he scowled. Reaching over he flicked her forehead. Covering her face, she complained.

Cooling down Jongin wondered rather solemnly, "Why don't you paint anymore?"