Chapter 1

So today at school, it was a little weird. There was this new girl Eden. She seemed pretty scared today. So I marched right up to her and introduced myself. "Hi, my name is Brooklyn. What's your name?"

"My name is Eden. Do you need anything?" she said.

"No, but you look like you need a friend and I want to be that person. It's time for lunch. You can sit with me if you want."

"That would be great thanks."

"It's not that big of a deal. Not very many people sit with me anyways." I said and we sat down at my normal table. We talked all the way through lunch, hardly touching our lunches. We didn't have any classes together the rest of the day, so I told her we would meet up after school.

So when the end of school rolled around, Eden and I met in front of the school. "Hey how was your day?" she asked.

"Just as boring as any other school day would be. How was yours?" I asked but wasn't really paying attention because my mind was wandering in my fantasy world.

"Hey are you even paying attention?" Eden asked and playfully punched me in the arm which pulled me back into reality.

"Not really." I said hoping she wouldn't ask why, but I knew it was false hope.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Uh, nothing really." I said and just then I saw Dillion. I quickly looked away before Eden caught me staring at him.

"Fine don't tell me who it is. I'll figure it out by myself."

"Hey, that's not fair. I didn't say anything about liking anyone."

"You didn't have to. Your eyes betrayed you."

"Okay. how about we make a deal?"

"What's your proposition?"

"You tell me who you like and I'll tell you who I like."

"That seems fair."

"You go first."

"Fine, but you don't know him. His name is Jace. He was at the school I was at before I came here. Now it's your turn."

"Okay, his name is Dillion."

"Like the quarterback of the football team, Dillion?"

"Ya, but he's not like any of the other football guys. He's really nice and does a lot of things for other people. You won't tell him I like him, right?"

"I don't think I'll have too."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because he's coming this way."

"Wait, what?" I said and looked over in the direction I had seen and sure enough he was walking our way.

"Hey Brooklyn. Who's your new friend?" he said.

"Um, this is Eden, s-she just moved to our school. D - Do you need something?" I said.

"I was actually wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?"

"Why me? I-I'm not even popular. There are plenty of other girls you can ask w-why not ask one of them?"

"That's exactly why. The other girls are so full of themselves. You're different, in a good way. So will you go on a date with me?"

"Y-yes I will." I said. I hope that the fact that my mind was racing wasn't showing.

"Okay then I'll come over around five tomorrow night to pick you up."