quite the confession - Lana Winters

The raindrops slipped down your face as you looked straight at her.

"What is it?", Lana asked.

"I have quite the confession to make," you replied, looking down at her hands stuffed in her pockets then looking back at her nose. Water droplets were falling from it, her face shivering slightly when one fell.

"Why don't we go inside, it's pouring," she suggests and goes to stand up from her chair.

Before she could fully stand up straight, you interupted her, "No! I need to say this before I get to scared and chicken out."

She looks at you and sits back down, trying to cover her head with the small umbrella but clearly failing. You smiled and watched her try to get the umbrella steady and she drew her attention back to you.

Before you began talking, you admined her beautiful golden brooch that was still somehow shimmering in the dull light.

"I love you, actually words can't sum that up. I adore you, I'm forever curious about you. Curious by the thought of you. The idea of you.. and m-me. I'm discouraged by the idea of not seeing you every week, not being able to grow an unbreakable bond with you. I'm so perplexed by that," you took a long deep breath before continuing.

"The idea of not being with someone that I truely love is heartbreaking to me. So in conclusion, I love you Lana and I need you in my life. It's fine if you don't feel the same way, I just wan-," Lana cut off your rambling with the touch of her hand to your cheek.

"Sweetheart, I've waited for so long for you to confess to me. We fit together like puzzle pieces, my life is incomplete without you my darling. I hope you can see that," she says softly, bringing her hand down to hold yours.

Lana looked into your eyes, that was enough for both of you. She grabbed your hand and led you into her house, locking the door after you.