Sleep Deprivation

Sunset's eyes slowly opened as she woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. Once her eyes finally adjusted, she grabbed the clock from her nightstand to shut off the loud alarm. When she saw the time, her eyes immediately widened. It was now 8:45 AM. School had started over an hour ago.

"Shoot! I overslept!" She said as she jumped from her bed to run over to her closet.

She quickly threw on the first piece of comfortable clothing she could find. She was exhausted after all. She looked in the mirror to fix her hair. She ended up wearing a dark grey zip-up, some light blue skinny jeans, and some black boots with an orange detail. She then brushed her teeth, threw on some makeup, and headed for the door as quickly as she could. She got in her car and began to drive.

She could hardly even remember coming home last night. Her memory was so foggy from the extreme sleep deprivation she had been putting herself through the past few weeks. Even the extra sleep she got from waking up late didn't help much. She parked her car in the student parking lot and looked at her phone to see the time. It was now 9:33 AM, meaning music class would start in two minutes.

She grabbed her bag, and sprinted from the car into the building, making it to music class just on time. When she walked through the door of the classroom, she saw her five friends waiting for her. Pinkie was the first to spot her and immediately started smiling even bigger than she already was.

"SUNSET IS HERE!" Said Pinkie, as she ran over to give Sunset a big hug.

"Hey Pinkie! How are you guys doi- ow! Pinkie! That's a little tight!"

"Whoopsie! Just showing a little appreciation for my awesome friend! Cupcake?"

"No thanks. It's a little early for a cupcake." Sunset said as she watched Pinkie take a huge bite out of another one.

Sunset giggled. "Well, at least for my taste."

"Where have you been all morning darling? Did something happen? Does Twilight possibly need our help?" Said Rarity, as she took her keytar out of a case bedazzled with hundreds of diamonds.

"Twilight? Who said anything about Twilight?" Sunset said, sounding extremely defensive as if she was trying to hide something.

"Uh, I think Rarity just did?" Said Rainbow.

The five girls looked at each other in confusion. Sunset had been acting so strange and they had no idea why. How were they supposed to get closer to her when it felt like she was constantly hiding something?

After music class, Sunset went to advanced physics- A class she had with none of her friends.

Although Canterlot High was now a much more friendly place to be, Sunset wasn't really interested in making a ton of friends yet, even though practically everyone had forgiven her for the events of the fall formal by now. Of course, she wanted friends- but getting to know too many people at once seemed overwhelming to her. She knew her own limits and knew it was best for her to stay away from that sort of thing. She would get to know more people when she was ready. But for now, she had five girls she was beginning to grow close to, which was pretty exciting for her.

Of course, she had already grown pretty close to Twilight. They journaled to each other several times a day and met up at their spot pretty much every night now. But Sunset wanted more.

"If Twilight were here, she'd be in advanced physics with me for sure." Sunset thought to herself, smiling at the possibility.

But that thought sadly could never be anything more, since Twilight had responsibilities in Equestria. Even if Twilight came to visit more often, at the end of the day they lived a whole world apart. And that seemed to really bother Sunset.