15-coffee shop

"The essay will be due by the beginning of class next Friday."

Eden and the other students in the class began to put away their things into their bags, the sound of shuffling and zipping almost drowning out the professor's voice.

"And don't forget we have the unit three exam coming up soon. I suggest you guys start looking over the material now."

Eden pulled her backpack over her shoulders and sighed, joining the line of students piling out of the college classroom. It was a Wednesday, and she had been in class all morning. She only had a small lunch break before she had to start her shift at work which would keep her until late that night. She could feel exhaustion stampeding her bones as she descended the stairs of the building, joining the group of students shuffling out the front doors.

At least the weather was perfect outside, and she had a long walk to her workplace. It wasn't cold but not hot either, and a lovely breeze sifted through her hair and her black crop top that showed only an inch of skin between it and her jeans.

She knew that Oliver was roaming around somewhere on that campus. They would sometimes grab lunch together, but she didn't feel like searching around for the redhead. So she took hold of the straps of her bag and began the trek to work, but before she could even leave the campus sidewalk, a car zoomed in front of her, nearly hitting her in its path before parking sharply right before her.

She jumped out of surprise, moving her hair that had fallen in her face and staring wide-eyed at the car before her. It was a black Rolls Royce, and a smile formed on her pink lips.

The shiny passenger window rolled down to reveal Cecilia sitting in the driver's seat on the other side, wearing a full black suit since she had probably just came from work. There was even a black tie tucked into her black blazer. One thin, watch-covered wrist hung loosely on the steering wheel while a pair of plump lips smirked slightly.

Eden shyly leaned down and rested her elbows on the ledge of the open window, leaning into the car. "Stalking me now?"

The brunette shrugged slowly, her jawline flexing in amusement. "It gets lonely at the office so I decided to see what you were up to."

"Well, it's interesting how you knew exactly what classroom building I was in and what time I was getting out of class."

The woman sighed and shrugged again, biting her lip and eyeing the girl with her dark chocolate eyes. "Are you gonna get your pretty ass in here or not?"

Eden smiled, her cheeks blushing light pink as she opened the door and slid inside, her nose being filled with the woman's familiar cinnamon scent. "Never did I think I would comply so easily to being kidnapped."

"I suppose you just love submitting to me," Cecilia smoothly spoke, grinning evilly at the girl before zooming off.

The woman could see the light purple circles under the girl's eyes and the way she slouched against her car seat, eyes blinking slowly. So she decided to take the girl to a coffee shop before her shift started—one that was conveniently down the road from her work.

At the counter, Cecilia stood behind Eden as she ordered, keeping a warm hand at the curve of her waist. Before the blonde could take out her wallet and pay for her order, Cecilia leaned over her and told the skinny guy with tattoos at the register that she also wanted a coffee. Confused, Eden looked up at her with threaded brows and watched the woman reach into her pocket and take out her own wallet that was sleek and black, folding it open to reveal several dollar bills poking out the top. Cecilia tossed the guy some money and told him to keep the change before leading the girl to the other side of the counter where they could wait for their order to be ready.