Lesson Forty-Three

"Are your parents okay with watching her through the morning?" Jin asked, looking at Taehyung, uncertain that he wanted to go out. This was their first time going out together without Serri since he had her.

Taehyung brought his hand over to Jin's thigh, resting it there as he glanced at him, "they are perfectly fine with keeping her. Stop worrying yourself. Start thinking about the night we can have tonight to ourselves, dinner, then back at home, you and I." Taehyung had a smile on his face as he moved his hand up Jin's thigh.

Jin smiled and shifted in the car seat, pushing Taehyung's hand away, "focus on driving and stop being a pervert. You talk as if Serri ever stops you from doing anything. Even she had more sleep than I did last night." Jin thought back to the night he and Taehyung had and the lack of sleep he had gotten.

Taehyung laughed, bringing his hand to the steering wheel, "you must admit we had a good night."

"We did," Jin said with a smile, not being able to deny it. "So, where are we going? You haven't told me?"

Taehyung began, looking at Jin, "I heard one of my classmates talking about this restaurant, and one of the things they said was that their desserts were the best, so I thought I ought to bring you there to try it out, knowing your love for desserts and food in general."

"Look at you thinking of me," Jin said with a big smile as he stared at Taehyung, "I hope it's okay there. I haven't had lunch today, and really, I am starving."

Resting his hand on Jin's thigh, Taehyung smiled, "I am always thinking of you."

Jin swats his hand away, "you are not the Taehyung I know; what are you trying to apologize to me for?"

"What do you mean?"

"Today, you have been nice, you are talking A LOT, and you are being sweet. You are not usually sweet, but if you want to be, you are usually through your actions. However, today it's been with your words, that's not you, so what did you do?"

Taehyung sighed and looked to his left as he merged into the left lane, then he turned the car into an open lot and parked. Turning his focus to Jin, he spoke, "I fucked up this week. I yelled at you unnecessarily and didn't give you a chance to talk to me because I was jealous, jealous you planned on a trip that didn't include me. After some thinking, I realize I could have handled the situation differently, and I want to make it up to you. I don't want you thinking I don't care, especially after some of the things I said. I know I usually show you things through my actions, but my mom has taught me that sometimes my words are also needed with those actions, and I want to do for us, whatever I can so we grow together and not apart."

Jin was pouting after Taehyung finished talking, and he glanced down at his legs, "I like it better when you don't say a lot."

Taehyung chuckled, "why?"

"B-because now I'm gonna have dessert with my eyes swollen," Jin responded while wiping his tears.

Taehyung smiled and leaned across to Jin, hugging him, "there is nothing wrong with that; at least it's happy tears, right?"

"I love you." Jin smiled at Taehyung, "now please feed me. I am hungry."

A laugh left Taehyung as he shook his head; readjusting his seatbelt, he pulled out of the lot they were in and drove towards their destination, where he and Jin debated on the babysitter they had agreed on and possible start date for her. In Jin's mind, he didn't want to wait until he was ready to return to work for her to start; he wanted her to start earlier so he could observe how Serri responded to her and how she handled Serri.

*********

"I thought you said we were going to a restaurant?" Jin looked puzzled at Taehyung as he questioned.