Prologue 1.1: On the Bridge

As the stars are blinded by the clouds, the light that shone upon him ceased. While in the dark sky, the enormous moon shines alone. On the bridge, the warmth of the breeze pushed him off, falling, and was buried in the endless waves. The seeping bubbles from his lips, float up to the surface, popped one after another, re-creating the ticking of the clock. While sinking in, he wandered his eyes to the darkness of the sky below, admiring the glimpse of the shining moon... just as every night he had spent. With a sudden glance of the past, his eyes grew big as they appeared before him. Reminiscing the words,

     "Isn't the moon beautiful?" she asked in such a mellow tone.

     "Mm-mmm... the sky is beautiful," he said.

It was then replied with a blunt smile and a pat on his back. While trying to understand the thought written in between those words, he looked up, and there he saw the face of the only person that he cherished the most. Akin to a dampened daisy by a passing rain, her face was pure and innocent, with a hint of tears and the moisture in her sparkling eyes. A faint smell of lily enveloped with the spat of ashes that spread in the air like fire, devouring her.

Regaining consciousness, he gazed at the fuzzy moon, whispering:

    "You really make the sky beautiful, even now, down here, you're covering the blissful sparks of the stars with the array of your beauty that haunts me at night. Even when bitten by the darkness of the sky, you smiled."

Closing his eyes, he wondered,

     "When was it? When was the last time the darkness of this sky ravished me with its scenery?"

Before losing his sight, he peeked at the sky once more. The moon seemed akin to a blooming flower at night. Overwhelmed with a such serene ambiance, he laughed as the air gushed out within his lungs. Slowly a shadow concealed the moon's light. Holding up his arms from reaching for the moon. It was in front of him, the dance of the dazzling moon rays, the sparkle of the fading stars, and the near end that he embraced.