Never Felt Like This Before. Are We Friends Or Are We More?

Prologue

The flat seemed to grow slowly more silent as Harry watched Louis’ face. His eyes centred on the light blue of the others, tracing the soft curvature of his nose, down to the tender wide lips flushed pink with the alcohol and the excitement of the night. Louis walked over to him slowly, seemingly having sobered up in the taxi ride home. It took three strides to reach his Harry across the room. Three beats of Harry’s heart told him it was trying to hammer right out of his chest. Almost as though Louis could hear it, he reached out to press his right hand against it, gently reaching for Harry’s hand with the other. Harry stood transfixed as the lips raised into a lopsided smile that had the ability to jolt his midriff into his mouth. In that moment Harry could wait no longer, he crossed the final space between them to press his lips against his Louis’. Harry’s lips felt familiar to Louis, and his tongue searched frantically for its companion as they parted. To Harry, Louis’ mouth was the best taste he had ever savoured and as his head began to spin from lack of Oxygen it took every ounce of strength he had to break the moment, knowing that the world was about to knock down their barrier, break through and destroy the peace.

Chapter 1

Louis Tomlinson was sitting on the edge of his girlfriend’s bed, watching her arrange her desk. He had always enjoyed visiting Eleanor’s student flat. It wasn’t exactly home to either of them but it was somewhere that they could escape to; somewhere normal where Louis felt as though he could fit in as a regular student. In odd moments of his band’s success, he had occasionally wondered where his life would have been heading without The X Factor. He supposed that he would have made it to university by now and enjoyed that seeing Eleanor’s student life allowed him to experience what he was missing, if only for a few days.

        This weekend though, wasn’t going well so far. One Direction had been granted five days rest between returning from Sweden on Thursday night to flying to New York on Wednesday morning. Louis had opted to stay with Eleanor until tomorrow (Sunday) when they would both travel to London to stay in his flat. Tonight they were supposed to be going out to enjoy Louis’ last night in Manchester.

“Are you sure you want to go out tonight?” Eleanor asked quietly as she leant over the desk to reach the book that had fallen down the back.

“Yes of course. We’ve been over this.” Louis replied he was growing tired of the same conversation. Eleanor didn’t want to go and he knew it. Though Louis felt horrible for thinking it, it annoyed him that she hadn’t yet told him outright. The more she tried to convince him not to go, the more he wanted to. It was the inner child coming out in him.

“But it’s your last night here. Wouldn’t you rather just stay in?” Her voice was slightly muffled by the wall and the straining of her arm, not quite able to reach the book. Louis stood up, pulled the desk out slightly, causing Eleanor to stumble, reached behind and tossed the book onto the bed and then sitting down on the desk, raising his eyebrows at her slightly he replied;

“I just want to let loose and have some fun. We’ve got the next few nights to stay in, in London. But if you’re going to keep that face on all night, I’ll go alone.” He crossed his arms over. “Might as well enjoy life whilst we’re still young.” Eleanor looked about ready to slap him. Instead with a resigned tone she declared;

“Fine but I know I’ll just get left alone as you go off with a load of my friends.” She stood in front of where he was sat; taking up most of the small space was the single bed and the desk. Her wardrobe was small and crammed tightly with her and Louis’ clothes. Louis took her hand and looking up into her face said;

“Just try and enjoy it baby, you’ll be rid of me soon.” Eleanor sighed, kissing him briefly on the lips, part of her thought fleetingly that it would be nice to have her space back. Louis picked up on the annoyance clearly still there in her kiss but decided to ignore it. He was planning a fun night.