Hair Untangling Fun Time

Steinbeck always liked Lovecraft's long hair, which was strange as he usually didn't like long hair, especially on guys. However ever since the two began to live together Steinbeck noticed one major problem, Lovecraft never brushed it. Steinbeck could barley get his fingers two inches through Lovecraft's hair before a knot would show up and stop him.

The two of them sat on the couch together watching some kids show, Steinbeck didn't care for it but Lovecraft was deeply invested in the plot. Steinbeck once again tried to run his fingers through Lovecraft's hair but to no avail.

"*sigh* look Lovecraft I love you but you need to do something with your hair." Steinbeck told him as he tried to brush out a knot with his fingers.

Lovecraft didn't seem to hear him but he did notice Steinbeck trying to untangle his hair and turned to face him "Sorry what did you say?"

Steinbeck gave Lovecraft a look before responding "I said your hair is all in knots, you need to brush it" Steinbeck then pulled a piece of dirt out of his hair "Do you even wash it?"

Lovecraft went silent before responding "Does taking a nap at the bottom of the ocean count?"

"No Lovecraft it doesn't" he said with disappointment in his voice.

"But don't you just wet your hair when you wash it? Isn't it the same thing as being underwater?" Lovecraft asked actually confused.

Steinbeck chuckled at his boyfriend's lack of understanding of everyday things before responding in a reassuring voice "No Lovecraft they're not the same thing, for one when you wash your hair you use shampoo" Steinbeck paused "And you'll probably need conditioner too." He added

Lovecraft tilted his head "What's that?"

Steinbeck smiled "Why don't we run to the store and get you some conditioner and shampoo and I'll explain on the way." He said

Lovecraft looked disappointed to have to stop watching the cartoon that was on the TV but agreed anyway and shut off the TV.

The two of them walked downtown as Steinbeck still hadn't gotten used to the roads in this place, and went in a convenience store and picked up some shampoo and conditioner. Lovecraft also saw a rubber ducky and decided he wanted it and Steinbeck couldn't say no to his face.

On the way back Steinbeck tried to explain to Lovecraft how to use the shampoo and conditioner.

"So you scrub with the shampoo and rinse it out, and the conditioner you put in your hair and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it out too" Lovecraft said repeating what Steinbeck had told him.

"Close bud, do the same thing with the shampoo but when you're waiting for the conditioner wash your body with the body wash." Steinbeck corrected

"What's body wash?" Lovecraft asked

Steinbeck stopped and looked at him genuinely concerned before Lovecraft gave a slight smile and replied "Just kidding"

Steinbeck sighed in relief, it may be bad that Lovecraft never washed his hair, but at least he washed everything else.

The two of them walked home and Steinbeck instructed Lovecraft to take a shower and wash his hair. Lovecraft agreed and after Steinbeck once again explained how to properly use the shampoo and conditioner, Steinbeck headed to the living room to put on a show for Lovecraft to watch while Steinbeck untangled his hair.

When Lovecraft was done with his shower he sat on the couch with his octopus themed PJs, provided to him by Steinbeck, and Steinbeck began to brush his hair.

When Steinbeck began to brush Lovecraft's hair he quickly noticed a problem, his brush was not suited for Lovecraft's hair. The brush was too short and the bristles were too close together for it to get any of the tangles out or even go deep enough in his thick hair.

"Dang it" Steinbeck said "I didn't even think about us having to get you a brush"

Lovecraft looked concerned, before a slight smile crossed his face and he went in the kitchen. Steinbeck was confused but allowed Lovecraft to continue what he was doing. When Lovecraft returned he had a fork in his hand. "In the one movie they used this as a brush" Lovecraft told him, handing him the fork.

Steinbeck began to laugh before saying "They sure did bud, let's see if I can get these tangles out of your hair now."

Steinbeck began to brush Lovecraft's hair out with the fork as Lovecraft watched the TV screen in fascination. Every once in a while there would be an "Ow" from Lovecraft but Steinbeck wasn't sure if he was joking or not, or if he was even in any pain as his facial expression stayed the same the entire time.

Steinbeck continued to brush his hair, at this point he thought he should have put "Tangled" on for Lovecraft to watch, but he was too lazy to change it.

The Two of them sat there for three 30 minute episodes of the show Lovecraft was watching before Netflix asked if they were still there, "It's judging me again Steinbeck" Lovecraft said turning to face Steinbeck.

"Goodness how long have we been doing this?" Steinbeck asked, realizing that the tangles in Lovecraft's hair were gone, and had probably been gone for a while. His face flushed with pink as he realized this fact, it had only felt like a few minutes to him.

Lovecraft answered saying "You've been brushing my hair for 1 hour 32 minutes and 37 seconds... 38... 39...40...41"

Steinbeck didn't even realize he was still brushing Lovecraft's hair until Lovecraft kept counting, this only caused Steinbeck to become even more flustered.

Lovecraft smiled and wrapped his arms around Steinbeck, scooting closer to him. Steinbeck responded by cuddling closer and grabbing a strip of Lovecraft's hair and twirling his fingers around it. "We'll have to get you your own brush so you can keep it this smooth" Steinbeck said continuing to twirl his fingers around his lover's hair. Lovecraft smiled "Oh good we need more shampoo and conditioner anyway." He told Steinbeck, as it just occurred to Steinbeck how much they would be spending on shampoo and conditioner from now on.

(Word Count 1027)